my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » London Bombings

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: London Bombings
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 02, 2007 21:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good insight IMO by Hitchens:
http://www.slate.com/id/2169592/

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 04, 2007 10:07     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Hitch a lot. People complain that he goes "too far" with a lot of things but don't seem to realise that commentators aren't paid to be "fair" or "nice". He's rarely either, but gives good value nonetheless. His latest book, "God Is Not Great" is very good indeed.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 07, 2007 08:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I just read that the second most popular baby name in United Kingdom is 'Mohammed'

that would kinda make me nervous..

And talk about breeding hate! But then again "whats in a name?"
Even before a person is able to think for themselves they are inducted into a world of indifference. Which prompts the person to go searching for the meaning behind the name by the time they are in their teens.

The rest is history...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 07, 2007 14:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Part One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCqprbH7mrg

Part two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_mTpr7iDT4&mode=related&search=

Could somebody translate this for me?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 07, 2007 15:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys are in serious trouble in the UK. I really feel for your situation.

From Melanie Phillips.com:

Speaking of the British govt -

The government’s strategy seems to have been to roar very loudly in the hope that certain people will conveniently fall down without it actually having to do anything. Thus it has broadcast through the loudest of megaphones that it is about to arrest certain Muslim extremists and set in train procedures to deport them. The purpose of this curiously open but so far notional exercise appears to be to prompt these said extremists to depart of their own free will, thus avoiding the problem of confronting the dreaded judiciary, Sacred Human Rights Act and so forth. As for the SHRA itself, the government is clearly also hoping that the judges will have grasped the fact that the British public is in a steaming incandescent white-hot rage about this law, and so the judiciary will therefore not put up a fight if anyone is deported, allowing the Act’s fabled Article Three - the bit whose interpretation has prevented us from throwing out of Britain anyone who poses a threat to us if there’s a possibility they may be ill-treated in their home country - to fade into the background without the Act having to be amended.

But as anyone familiar with the Wizard of Oz knows, there is nothing so pathetic as a cowardly lion, whose roar conceals a spineless reluctance to act. Threatening to do things merely advertises weakness. It’s only completed actions that count. The government is banking on doing deals with Arab tyrannies to get them to promise not to ill-treat any extremist who it may wish to send their way. This will not work because a) it’s a ridiculous idea and b) the said tyrannies aren’t playing ball. Not surprisingly, the forces of extremism have been gleefully thumbing their noses. Omar Bakri Mohamed, who was said to have fled Britain for Lebanon after Mr Blair announced that ‘the rules of the game are changing,’ subsequently announced that he had merely gone on holiday. Yesterday, the Daily Mail reported that his fellow jihadis appear to have the human rights lawyers solidly behind them (now there’s a surprise):

‘Headed by asylum seeker Yasser Al-Siri, who is suspected of involvement in a series of terrorist incidents, they gloated that lawyers would halt any attempt at their removal. The Egyptian, who fled to London more than a decade ago and is wanted in the U.S., said: ‘I am not worried about expulsion. My legal team think it is impossible.’

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 09, 2007 14:41     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I live here, have done so all my life, my family has lived in this neck of the woods for centuries - in essence I am true Brit through and through. However, and it saddens me to say it, once my studies are complete, I will leave my country of birth and rich heritage because I see big trouble ahead and exactly for the reasons highlighted in that excellent article.

An undercurrent of apathy, caused by decades of appeasement of some very unpleasant figures and virulent character assassination of anybody who speaks against it, is allowing a near separatist and almost Muslim supremacist faction to develop within the UK. Whilst the BNP and other groups with white supremacist tendencies are rightly pilloried for their racism, nothing is said about the racism from other groups. The only difference is that it is us who it is aimed at, and of course that isn't racism is it? Or is it? Well, not according to pretty much every public figure you care to name it isn't. But to me that is exactly what some of the inflammatory remarks from so-called radical Muslim clerics is - racism.

We in the UK seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate these people whilst at the same time almost running roughshod over the people who have lived here all their lives, paid their way and allowed this situation to bloom from simple refugees looking for asylum to a near free for all, where pretty much anybody claiming refugee status is getting into this country, often having no foundation to their claim. By the time this is found out they have vanished into thin air and are then almost impossible to find, let alone remove, hiding behind the very act that was supposed to protect us the ordinary citizen, namely the Human Rights Act.

Enoch Powell was pretty much hung drawn and quartered for his 'Rivers Of Blood' speech. But it seems the speech was, in part, almost prophetic. A situation is beginning to exist in the UK where the rights of the ordinary citizen are being consistently eroded in the name of national security. Yet the very people this is meant to target are almost immune to its effect, as the recent attacks from home grown 'terror cells' are proving. Meanwhile the taxes of the ordinary people rise to help fund, amongst other things, this alleged tightening of security for our own good, we are becoming an ever more divided society and mistrust is gradually eating in at the very fabric of our society.

My Government has summarily let the ordinary, hard working Brit (I include in that term all people of all races that are actually proud of this country) down and is by its very actions creating a situation where conflict between the people is inevitable. Civil War is too strong a term perhaps but, in my opinion, something akin to civil unrest based on racial lines is perfectly possible within my lifetime, unless the Government acts directly against those people who are flagrantly abusing our country's traditions and pretty much getting away with inciting racial hatred and murder of innocent people. And if they dare bleat ‘Human Rights Act’ when they are deported or imprisoned? I don’t care a jot; what about my human rights?? They should have thought about that before they came into this country, poisoned the minds of others and lectured that I and my fellow countrymen, and again I include every person who is proud to be a British citizen because that is who it is aimed at, deserve to die because we are infidels. They sully the name of the decent people who they claim to represent and they don’t deserve our hospitality, or anybody else’s.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 09, 2007 21:56     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
An undercurrent of apathy, caused by decades of appeasement of some very unpleasant figures and virulent character assassination of anybody who speaks against it, is allowing a near separatist and almost Muslim supremacist faction to develop within the UK. Whilst the BNP and other groups with white supremacist tendencies are rightly pilloried for their racism, nothing is said about the racism from other groups. The only difference is that it is us who it is aimed at, and of course that isn't racism is it? Or is it? Well, not according to pretty much every public figure you care to name it isn't. But to me that is exactly what some of the inflammatory remarks from so-called radical Muslim clerics is - racism.

Well I think it's a little different the way this is coming off. See lets say we drop ourselves off anywhere on the continent of Africa and then open up a church, Then proceed to make racial slurs and preach anti-africanism (in general) "I wonder what would happen to us?" I also feel it is pretty bold to be on someones home turf doing what we are being subjected to, and being asked to kindly idle by when if this was Africa they would pull your arse down the street beaten.

It was the liberal treehugging type who did this to you just remember that.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 12, 2007 15:42     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
Well I think it's a little different the way this is coming off. See lets say we drop ourselves off anywhere on the continent of Africa and then open up a church, Then proceed to make racial slurs and preach anti-africanism (in general) "I wonder what would happen to us?" I also feel it is pretty bold to be on someones home turf doing what we are being subjected to, and being asked to kindly idle by when if this was Africa they would pull your arse down the street beaten.

It was the liberal treehugging type who did this to you just remember that.

Right with you there. It seems to me we have become apologists for all our percieved past sins. Few seem to remember the UK lead the way for the abolition of the slave trade and, though our Empire had many faults it did many good things too. The UK is disliked by many because there was hardly a nation on the planet that didn't get a kicking from us during a conflict. I'm not saying that as something to be proud of - it is a simple statement of fact. It appears now that revenge of sorts is being waged and we seem to be totally impotent in fighting it.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted July 17, 2007 16:04     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
it saddens me to say it, once my studies are complete, I will leave my country of birth and rich heritage because I see big trouble ahead and exactly for the reasons highlighted in that excellent article.

Where are you going to go? I would think out of Europe? If you come here I'll take you to a Red Sox game.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 17, 2007 20:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Where are you going to go? I would think out of Europe? If you come here I'll take you to a Red Sox game.

Well, look who's back.....

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 18, 2007 13:54     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:

Great mother of God the Prodigal Son returns...

I don't know yet. Depends on results from exams and all that. Need to get through them first!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 20, 2007 15:26     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Leaving is a sort of capitulation, though. Don't let them win!

It's onbviously a sincere disappointment that it may have come to that, though, and I know others think the same way. Not just about this, but plenty of other matters. It's ironic that the people the government have chosen to punish time and again with legislation are those that were otherwise law-abiding, peaceful citizens, with endless and escalating intrusion into their lives. We've now got the most surveillance cameras per foot in the world, and even more is to come, in the form of Identity Cards and background checks amongst other things.

The irony is that so little has been done to combat those few people (and they are few, let's not forget) who do declare war on the rest of us. Instead of social cohesion, we've had more segregation - more faith schools, more ghettoes. Little has been done to encourage inclusivity and interactions between groups, the one thing that is absolutely necessary in a successfully multicultural society. As in Northern Ireland, we've tried to get everyone to coexist by making sure separate groups can shut themselves off from the rest of society. It's a strategy that's doomed to failure.

Worse, a sizable chunk of the British left has seemingly allied itself with a variety of distinctly unpleasant movements. Instead of fighting for rights, freedom and tolerance, many have fallen into apathy and isolationism - or worse, overt backing for some of the most despicable ideas and organisations in the name of zany postmodernism.

quote:
You guys are in serious trouble in the UK.

No, I don't think so. Not by a long shot. It's not a hopeless case. We're not at some sort of "point of no return" or a "clash of civilizations". There is a problem that needs to be addressed before it comes more serious, but it is a problem that I think can be solved. Just not quickly.

I wouldn't believe everything you read, especially not in The Times. It still trades on its reputation as a steadfast bastion of journalistic integrity, but these days it's just another News International tabloid, I'm afraid.

quote:
We in the UK seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate these people whilst at the same time almost running roughshod over the people who have lived here all their lives, paid their way and allowed this situation to bloom from simple refugees looking for asylum to a near free for all

This simply isn't true at all, I'm afriad. We've got extremely stringent immigration controls, and the Labour government has only made them stronger and tougher over the last decade. Continuing prosperity and th efact that Britain remains a reasonably tolerant country, coupled with a variety of troublespots around the globe have meant an upsurge in the numbers of people who come in, or try to come in. Most, like most immigrants anywhere, legal or no, are decent people who want to make a better life for themselves. The very few who do disrupt things need to be dealt with, I agree. But let's not tar everyone with the same brush - and let's not forget, either, that plenty of British people are on the same page as foreign extremists as well.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2007 19:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LyKcantropen :

(and they are few, let's not forget) who do declare war on the rest of us. Instead of social cohesion, we've had more segregation - more faith schools, more ghettoes.

That is kind of a contradiction, considering how many 'faith schools' there were in UK before the recent influx invasion, but i am sure there are alot more now? just so happens that is where they all learn to be biased in one way or another toward you and your ideals, just because of your origins. Yet some have nothing at all to say about islam or their organized religion. But instead rather attack the very ideals they were raised on prosperously, christianity...

quote:
Continuing prosperity and the fact that Britain remains a reasonably tolerant country, coupled with a variety of troublespots around the globe have meant an upsurge in the numbers of people who come in, or try to come in. Most, like most immigrants anywhere, legal or no, are decent people who want to make a better life for themselves. The very few who do disrupt things need to be dealt with.

This is the same ideology that landed the boat, and will keep it docked.

I do not understand why immigrants are not interested in building their own countries up to livable status? or in revolution (on their own lands) Could it be because their leaders have been so fucked up beyond all recognition throughout history, that it makes the evil Bush administration look like sunday school kids. Or could it be their ideology? 'which is also imported along with their persons'

It may come as a shock to some but we actually used to believe in, and use words like 'assimilate'

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 20, 2007 21:29     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Could it be because their leaders have been so fucked up beyond all recognition throughout history, that it makes the evil Bush administration look like sunday school kids.

Oh, I have no doubt that this is a major factor. Compared to most of the world's governments, the "evil Bush administration" really are saints. I mean, America's one of, if not the, most prosperous, tolerant, democratic nation in the world. Lots of the world's countries are resoundingly "none of the above".

People emigrate for different reasons. A lot of it is simply expressed by ages-old relationships between centres and localities. Centres of economic prosperity and freedom are an attractive prospect to anyone with the guts, drive and opportunity to try and make a better life for themselves. Or just get out of wherever it is they live.

Sometimes they integrate, sometimes they don't. Partly this might be because of the emigrants, partly it might be because of the place they moved to.

I don't think immigration is a problem in itself, and it's kinda lazy to blame lots of problems on the supposed "invaders". Are there problems involved? Yeah, of course there are. There are problems with everything.

quote:
That is kind of a contradiction, considering how many 'faith schools' there were in UK before the recent influx invasion, but i am sure there are alot more now?

Ideally, everyone should get a secular education. There shouldn't be any faith schools, but, yes, it's long been a part of UK education, thanks to the established Church of England. Faith schools just turn groups agains tone another, because all of them preach a kind of "chosen people" mentality, and all of them tell children to segregate themselves along X and Y lines. It's not healthy, and it's not fair to kids, who aren't old enough to decide for themselves. It's like having Marxist schools and Smithian Free Market schools - utterly ridiculous, shameful even.

And that, obviously goes for faith schools of all religions. Islam gets the most press at the moment, but the UK has had Sikh and Christian groups in recent years campaigning (even rioting at one point) in order to suppress someone else's freedom of speech.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2007 21:53     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LyKcantropen:
UK has had Sikh and Christian groups in recent years campaigning (even rioting at one point) in order to suppress someone else's freedom of speech.

That (someone else) has usually been radical islam and history only proves this seeing the problems both Sikh and Christians have had with the lot, and their dated ideals.

there are problems with everything...

'that is the problem'

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan