my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Yo Bush! Blair mocked as US poodle

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yo Bush! Blair mocked as US poodle
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 18, 2006 12:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I post this, because i am really curious to know what my English friends think about it...
and the whole situation in general.

So...Knick, Lyc, etc. Lemmy have your opinions.

Mine is simpily this. Words and pictures speak for themselves.
Bush thinks he is King of the world. That is obvious.
His disrespect to the European leaders...and the people...make me sick.

Here is the Article before i say more.

::::::

Yo Bush! Blair mocked as US poodle

By Adrian Croft

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair was roundly mocked as a U.S. poodle on Tuesday after an off-the-cuff chat with President George W. Bush was accidentally broadcast.

Bush and Blair enjoyed a gossip over lunch at the Group of Eight summit in St. Petersburg on Monday, unaware that a microphone in front of them was switched on and their words would be relayed around the world.

Breaking with diplomatic formalities, Bush hailed Blair, his closest European ally, with the words "Yo, Blair." His solution to the Middle East crisis was that Syria should press Hizbollah to "stop doing this shit."

The British media pored over the text of the conversation, saying it cast Blair in a subservient role and showed the unequal nature of Britain's much-vaunted "special relationship" with the United States.

"Yo, Bush! Start treating our prime minister with respect," the popular tabloid Daily Mirror said, joining others in seeing the U.S. president's greeting as disrespectful.

The broadcast chat "reinforces the damaging public image of Blair as the U.S. president's poodle," it said.

But most damaging to Blair was what commentators saw as his plea -- rebuffed by Bush -- to be allowed to visit the Middle East to try to stop fighting between Israel and Hizbollah guerrillas.

VISIT OFFER SPURNED

Blair suggested he could prepare the ground for U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, because "if she goes out, she's got to succeed ... whereas I can just go out and talk."

The left-leaning Guardian said Blair "all but offers to carry her (Rice's) bags."

"He sounds less like the head of a sovereign government than a Bush official, waiting for the boss's green light -- which he does not give," the newspaper said.

Blair has been Bush's most trusted ally, putting his political future on the line by backing the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003 despite rows with European allies and fierce political attacks at home.

The Independent described the spurned offer to act as peacemaker as a setback for Blair, who is under pressure from within his own party to set a date to step down after a series of government scandals over sex, sleaze and incompetence.

Blair has said he will not stand at the next general election, expected in 2009.

Wyn Grant, politics professor at Warwick University, said the conversation suggested "that perhaps Blair doesn't have the kind of relationship with Bush that he would sometimes like to claim he has."

But he said the conversation only reflected reality. "The U.S.-UK relationship throughout the whole period since World War Two has always been an asymmetrical one. It's always been one in which the U.S. has been dominant."

::::::

Hmmm. Its really hard to bite my tongue and not say what i think about Bush and the U.S. Government.

I feel the need to play "Fuel for Hatered" by Satyricon right now.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 18, 2006 13:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You actually think W said "Yo"...a white cowboy from Texas..... doing hiphop??? Kula, please stop this joking....this is beyond dumb. I think W needs to go too but this is stupid.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 18, 2006 14:35     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This was recorded Mez.
I saw the entire thing right here on HRTV1.
The words were transcribed in Hrvatski as well.
Many other Europe stations played the same thing.

Please dont fly off the handle and call me names.
It is not the first time Bush has said "Yo."
You certainly dont have to be a HipHop fan to use it and it isnt the first time i have heard it from a WHITE GUY.
My former white Jew boss used to say "Yo John" to me as well.
So did Pat from Production...a staunch NASCAR fan.
Please get in touch with reality Mez.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 18, 2006 22:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't call you dumb, I called the article dumb. And I still don't believe that an old white guy from Texas used the word, "Yo". Now the rest of what he said...sure, that makes sense. This G-8 Summit was a total waste of time.

Just watched the video. Never saw the 'Yo Blair' part. Anyway I found what W actually said to be wonderful. It's good to hear our leader being a real person...instead of the android that we usually see running around on tv or at rallies giving those boring speeches. Really cool insight into how these big politicians actually communicate one on one.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 18, 2006 22:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIlR0smUCV0&mode=related&search=
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 19, 2006 11:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wont argue over the "Yo" issue anymore.
It was recorded. I heard it not only on HRTV1, but Euronews as well. CNN had edits.

Whatever comes out of the mouth of Bush...is bullshit. 100% USDA Bullshit.
Not just my opinion, but also that of millions here in Europe.

The article isnt dumb Mez.
What Bush said to cause the article in the first place...is dumb.

Regardless...that "Yo" word isnt exactly the point of the above article.
It isnt the only thing that was said.
The point is in the way he treated Blair. Talking to him like he is an Employee of the U.S. Government.
Blair asking his boss for permission to do something.
This is why i am waiting for a British perspective on the matter.
Whatever it is...is fine. I am just curious and dont plan to debate anything.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 19, 2006 14:23     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the way it's been since the end of WWII, Blair is merely dancing to the tune of US policy just as all our previous post war leaders have. It's just that in recent times it's become somewhat more overt, partly because Bush is about as diplomatic as a kick in the gonads.

It's the price we paid for defeating Germany. In the end there two losers in that war. Britain and Palestine.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 20, 2006 18:46     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
um, "yo" came from white guys...

watch 'Rocky' sometime, Mez, haha....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan