my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 29, 2006 12:04     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree. Especially with AOL (Another Online Idiot).

25 Worst from PC World

|  IP: Logged
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 31, 2006 08:37     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting...

I did not know about the many failures of the Mac...

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 01, 2006 06:43     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apple. Synonymous in the 90's with expensive gear that never worked properly. Now synonymous with making the most expensive paperweights money can buy, namely the IPod, and making a fortune into the bargain. Users here in the UK have been shocked to find out that Apple seem to think that a 1 year lifespan for a £300 music player is a pretty good innings, and the prices to repair their beloved paperweight are even more outrageous than the customer service. The full article is in the The Guardian, 27th May 2006. Cynical doesn't even get close.

I wouldn't own one on principle because of ITunes. Now I've read this I'll avoid like the plague.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 01, 2006 06:50     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A missing entry in the list: GATOR (Now known as GAIN).

I lost a load of stuff after said company installed a 'real time clock' on my PC and, wthout my knowledge, hundreds of spy cookies and several viruses, rendering my PC totally unusable. Thousands of others got caught too. Hateful practise and they aren't the only ones.

Makes me wonder if the business of trojans, viruses, etc, and the progams to remove said nastiese are all part of the same parcel...

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan