my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » High Fuel prices and fat Politicians

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High Fuel prices and fat Politicians
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 28, 2006 16:16     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

House Speaker Dennis Hastert of Ill., center, gets out of a Hydrogen Alternative Fueled automobile, left, as he prepares to board his SUV, which uses gasoline, after holding a news conference at a local gas station in Washington, Thursday, April 27, 2006 to discuss the recent rise in gas prices. Hastert and other members of Congress drove off in the Hydrogen-Fueled cars only to switch to their official cars to drive the few blocks back to the U.S. Capitol. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 29, 2006 04:10     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What i wonder is...why drive a Hydrogen car to that event in the first place then?
To me it is hypocracy because if the availability of this technology is still years away...then why show it off now at this time?

I really dont know the exact topic of that event though. Maybe it was about future Hydrogen technology in itself. That is fine.
But if it was to show off and talk about how they are doing all they can to bring down fuel prices...its hypocracy to show off in something that isnt available widly on the market yet. They should have used Hybrid cars for instance.
Promote the technology that is available now.

Another reason that makes it all hypocracy in my opinion is the fact that they are driving those SUV's in the first place.
If the government were so concerned about high fuel prices then they would change theyre own vehicles to other sources.
This is certainly happening on the local and state levels...but i dont see it happening on the Federal level. Not yet anyways.

Remember...fat Politicians dont have to worry about the high cost of fuel since they are supplied for free anyways.
They only have to act like they do in front of the cameras.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 02, 2006 14:46     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A positive way of looking at it is that, sometime in the future, this will be widely available. Or so it would be nice to think. You can rest assured that the major oil companies are well prepared for the day that oil is no longer an economically viable source of energy. It is also safe to assume they already have projects in hand to ensure they survive, and we will gradually see them in the next decade or so.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 03, 2006 09:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Both the Republican and Democrat ideas to 'help' the American consumer deal with the current energy crisis are laughable. 100 dollars to every carowner to ease the pain????? What kind of idiots did we elect??
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 03, 2006 15:58     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting fact: In the UK the oil companies actually make a loss at the forecourt. The ludicrous tax we pay for our fuel means that government pressure comes to bear on the oil companies to keep their price low whilst creaming the profit elsewhere, either by tax breaks on other oil based goods (kerosine) or investment projects where the government may hand over grants.

I think one other thing needs to be remembered - petrol (not diesel) is actually the waste product of the oil refinement process. It has no other use than in the internal combustion engine. Without this 'disposal machine' we'd have the hugest waste problem in a matter of weeks and, quite literally, we would have to light the night sky to dispose of it. So the car has to be around for the foreseeable at least. THe most ironic part of it all is we have to pay the government for providing the dustbins to dispose of the waste!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan