my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Chappelle Cites "Race" Reasons for Show Walk-Out

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chappelle Cites "Race" Reasons for Show Walk-Out
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 14, 2006 14:30       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chappelle Cites "Race" Reasons for Show Walk-Out

American funnyman Dave Chappelle has cited racial prejudice for his abrupt walk-out from hit comedy series Chappelle's Show last year. The stand-up comedian made headlines in May 2005 when he quit the show on US network Comedy Central during the third season, leaving behind a $50 million contract. He was eventually tracked down in South Africa where he said he had gone to "purify himself," and "do some soul searching" because he was unhappy with the direction in which the show was going. Chappelle tells Esquire magazine, "The bottom line was, white people Own everything, and where can a black person go and be himself or say something that's familiar to him and not have to explain or apologize? I felt like I was really pressured to settle for something that I didn't necessarily feel like I wanted. The thing about show business is that, in a way, it forces dysfunctional relationships in people."

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 14, 2006 14:44       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked this show.I thought it was pretty funny but that race excuss is total bullshit.
Dave made fun of white people all the time on his show and he was making 50 million dollars to tell jokes and screw around.
I would love to get paid like that and have a job like that.
I know race is still an issue but i think it's used as an excuss alot when it's not even the issue.
I also don't understand why so many blacks like hip hop artist,sports stars and entertainers like Oprah make a shit load more money than most white people and complain about race and how white people own everything.They have enough money to make some changes but would rather waste there money on useless junk.
I really don't see any black people using there money to make things better.All i see is them buying stupid shit like mansions and 50 special made cars.(and i'm not talking about Oprah givng away shit.She does do minor things but nothing really important).

I dont have the answer but i'm really getting tired of people complaining all the time.Especially someone who has as shitload of money and the means to do something.
If Dave really had a problem with the white people on that network he should of moved his show to BET.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 14, 2006 15:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everyone is different and many Black people have done great things with theyre money.
Taking care of theyre families in a responsible way is to me a great thing.
There are plenty of Sports figures, for instance, who are responsible and give back
to theyre communities.

I was sick of the way Blacks always used race (and racist Affirmative Action law) to get ahead.
Dont worry though because that will soon change.
Since the place once known as America has been invaded and renamed to Mexica...
the Blacks have lost much of theyre power.

Should this thread be in the other section?
It will probably get moved. lol.

I live here in Croatia now and it is VERY rare to see and Black people.
Absolutely no Mexicans here either.
I must say that its very nice not having to put up with the bullshit back in America.
Here is a different kind of bullshit though.

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 14, 2006 16:21     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seemed more appropriate to move that thread here.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 14, 2006 21:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
I liked this show.I thought it was pretty funny but that race excuss is total bullshit.
Dave made fun of white people all the time on his show and he was making 50 million dollars to tell jokes and screw around.
I would love to get paid like that and have a job like that.
I know race is still an issue but i think it's used as an excuss alot when it's not even the issue.
I also don't understand why so many blacks like hip hop artist,sports stars and entertainers like Oprah make a shit load more money than most white people and complain about race and how white people own everything.They have enough money to make some changes but would rather waste there money on useless junk.
I really don't see any black people using there money to make things better.All i see is them buying stupid shit like mansions and 50 special made cars.(and i'm not talking about Oprah givng away shit.She does do minor things but nothing really important).

I dont have the answer but i'm really getting tired of people complaining all the time.Especially someone who has as shitload of money and the means to do something.
If Dave really had a problem with the white people on that network he should of moved his show to BET.

Who cares? If its his show..he can do what he wants. And LE, white people do own everything. Look around you. I mean thats just a fact. I agree with you that it shouldn't be an excuse for their failure. Actually if you look at statistics blacks are doing very well in terms of moving into the ranks of the middle to upper classes of society....with no help from whitey. Especially if you compare their situation to thirty years ago..they've moved mountains. So yeah, I'm confused too when I read 'victimization' stuff like this and its like...wait, if you look at the big picture you people are doing really good.

Oh, and LE, BET is now owned by Viacom...hint hint...thats 'white people'.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 15, 2006 00:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well what i was trying to say but didnt do a good job off was blacks are doing alot better today then they have ever done in this country and though i do believe they where treated like shit for many years in this country things are alot better now.
oh and i know white people own alot of stuff but so what.How much money where they making off of Daves show?do you really think they would give Dave a hard time and risk losing all the money he was bringing in? I don't really think he was getting censored.He just did a dumb ass thing and is using a dumb ass excuss for his actions instead of taking responsiblity for his actions.
How many black millionaires are there in the U.S. now?If you ever see MTV Cribs you'll see just about ever black hip hop idiot is a milionaire,so it cant be all that bad and anytime someone black gets beat by a cop it's on the news and there paid for getting treated like shit.Not too long ago that wouldnt make the news and most white people didnt care if a black person got mistreated.

I just dont see how someone could get there own show and get paid 50 million to do that show and then claim he had to leave for racial reasons.Wasnt it a white person that gave him the show and the money?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan