my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » BNP leader walks free

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BNP leader walks free
JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted February 02, 2006 15:38     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BNP leader walks free from court

BNP leader Nick Griffin walked free from court after he was cleared of two race hate charges.

A jury failed to reach verdicts on two further allegations he faced and was discharged. Now the 46-year-old Cambridge graduate must wait to find out if he is to face a retrial.

Griffin emerged from Leeds Crown Court saying he was vindicated over calling Islam a "wicked, vicious faith" and said he had nothing to apologise about in relation to the speeches he made which landed him in the dock.

He was prosecuted alongside fellow BNP activist Mark Collett after police investigated six speeches made by the pair in West Yorkshire in 2004.

They were recorded by an undercover reporter and formed part of a documentary on the party called The Secret Agent, which was watched by five million people on BBC1.

He was acquitted of using words intended or likely to stir up racial hatred in relation to a speech he made at Morley Town Hall, near Leeds.

Collett was cleared of charges in relation to two speeches and the jury failed to reach verdicts in relation to two others.

Griffin said: "If the Crown Prosecution Service feel they must continue to persecute us for speaking the truth, we will see them in court."

Griffin, of Llanerfyl, Powys, denied two counts of using words intended to stir up racial hatred and two of an alternative charge of using words likely to stir up racial hatred. These related to two separate speeches. The jury failed to reach a verdict in respect to one of the speeches.

Collett, of Swithland Lane, Rothley, Leicestershire, denied four charges of using words intended to stir up racial hatred and four of using words likely to stir up racial hatred. These relate to four speeches he made. He was cleared in relation to two speeches and the jury failed to reach a verdict in relation to the others.

Bloody wankers. Everybody knows what they stand for.

|  IP: Logged
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted February 03, 2006 07:45     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nick griffin needs re-educating.

Hopefully thru years and years of incarceration to give him time to reflect how his petty hatreds are plain F~~ked up.

But - I'm sorry they're getting a retrial as it gives them more publicity. It would be better that the media never broadcast a single word of his fascist crap.

My local BNP candidate got mysteriously beaten up last year.

I can account for my whereabouts at the time though ;o)

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan