my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Bush: Spending cuts, no tax hikes, for Katrina

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush: Spending cuts, no tax hikes, for Katrina
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 17, 2005 02:39     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
‘I’m confident we can handle it,’ he says of anticipated $200 billion outlay.

“The key question is to make sure the costs are wisely spent and that we work with Congress to make sure that we are able to manage our budget in a wise way, and that is going to mean cutting other programs,” he added.

Well, I know EXACTLY what other programs those are: Anything to do with Human Services! (isn't that ironic enough!)

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 30, 2005 09:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think this is nuts pure and simple. 200 billion???? I mean this is a bigger social program than anything Lyndon Johnson ever came up with. Not to mention the fact that sending any federal money to the most corrupt city in America is like plunging your wallet down a toilet.

Bush has turned into such a big government hack. I mean its a huge fucking problem and there aren't any easy answers but throwing a ton of money at the problem isn't going to solve anything.

I think this should be a time for advice from some innovative city planners and business folk on what to do......(Lync, how's that for political naivete???)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 30, 2005 10:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I think this is nuts pure and simple. 200 billion???? I mean this is a bigger social program than anything Lyndon Johnson ever came up with. Not to mention the fact that sending any federal money to the most corrupt city in America is like plunging your wallet down a toilet.

Bush has turned into such a big government hack. I mean its a huge fucking problem and there aren't any easy answers but throwing a ton of money at the problem isn't going to solve anything.

I think this should be a time for advice from some innovative city planners and business folk on what to do......(Lync, how's that for political naivete???)

Bush makes a pretty terrible "conservative", doesnt he?

im waiting for ultra-liberals to take a play out of the conservative playbook and say "WAHHHHHHH!" and "If you cant think of something better for Bush to do, then shut up!" to all of Bushs current conservative critics. that would be fucking hilarious!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted October 23, 2005 20:35     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.badmash.org/videos/videos_flv.php?v=george_bush_512K_Stream.flv&tjohn
Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted December 15, 2005 11:10     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Muhahahahahahahahaha !!
Very good one Imran...
I hadn't seen this video until now.

--------------------

What the...?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan