my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » The End of the World

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The End of the World
infoterror
VoivodFan
Member # 568

posted July 13, 2005 23:28     Profile for infoterror   Email infoterror     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I write or speak about the important questions of life, when I still try to build dams on the way of a devastating flood, most of my friends and many strangers as well define me as a naive optimist. They think that the game is indefinitely over, the life of the planet is in decline and is ruining at a rapidly accelerating pace towards the final suffocation, and there's nothing to do about it anymore.

But I still argue against that. I know the same things as they do, I know that the end of history is near. Still, I am talking about very high probabilities, not about certainties. It is almost the same thing, but only almost.
http://thefreshforests.no-ip.org/linkola/voisikoelamavoittaa_translation/Introduction/

--------------------

http://www.livejournal.com/users/infoterror/

|  IP: Logged
THRASHING RAGE
VoivodFan
Member # 668

posted November 03, 2005 11:41     Profile for THRASHING RAGE   Email THRASHING RAGE     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well theres realy no solution to it becuase it's just two different ways of thinking about a situation that no one'll actualy know about till it happens. take these two flies that keep on buzzing around and having sex by me for example....will i turn and squish em, dispersing fly guts everywhere? or, will they fly away in time, narowly avoiding a horrible death for them and a trip to the sink fer me...we wont know till i feel like swatting em.

--------------------

GO SHIT! IM NOT A FISH!

HOTH SYSTEM
VoivodFan
Member # 723

posted December 11, 2005 16:49     Profile for HOTH SYSTEM   Email HOTH SYSTEM     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Infoterror. What do you mean by "high probabilities"? And aren't you, a;beit deliberately contradicting yourself by saying that they're no different to "the final suffocation"?

--------------------

RIP Piggy

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan