my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Supernatural Experience

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Supernatural Experience
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 12, 2005 21:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now I've always been a bit of a skeptic about otherworldly experiences...always thought it was the product of excessive imaginations.. But I observed something about a month ago that freaked me out. I had gone to sleep(I had NOT drank anything or done any drugs earlier in the evening..)and woke up about 3am. I was sitting there for some reason when suddenly what sounded like a screaming hyena on amphetamines sounded, several of them actually, like it was running by my little cottage. They were very loud...the noises like coming from a small elephant...a loud trampling of hooves as it ran past my bedroom. Now my dog is penned up outside and he was going ballistic...It was really weird and scared the shit out of me...didn't know what to do...I envisioned monsters really...not an animal....

Anybody else care to share their strange experiences?....and no, I'm not crazy.......Figured it was a good topic for the VoiVod forum.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 13, 2005 07:37     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't believe in anything even remotely supernatural, either, but I have a ludicrously overactive imagination, and I worry about absolutely everything. Night-time's probably the worst, I don't sleep very well, so I end up sitting up listening to the creaks, groans, whistles and gurgles of the house and the world at night. That's fun.

Occasionally, there's screaming. It turned out that it was just a guy who'd been locked out of his house by his girlfriend, but the banging and screaming was horrible.

Interestingly enough, Mez, 3 AM is called "the hour of the wolf". Supposedly it's when all your anxieties and fears are at their most powerful.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 14, 2005 17:20     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
coyotes/ wolves chasing deer?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 14, 2005 18:14     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very vivid account there Mez. Sounds like it would have scared the shit outta me as well. Was there any evidence (like animal tracks) outside the next day? Also, you mentioned you woke around 3AM, was this from the sounds or just before? Just wondering...

I have never had any supernatural experiences myself, though my in-laws have many tales of ghost sightings, alien abductions (I shit you not), and other strange experiences. I could tell you a funny story about something that happened just last week concerning my mom-in-law, John Edwards (the psychic), and a UFO, but am gonna have to hold that one back for now at the risk of taking this thread into the realm of the hilarious.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 15, 2005 18:00     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how strange. someone has just started a topic along this line on .com also. Anyway.
Had a few un-nerving run-ins with the Thought Police, some drug-induced, some not.
Also had the experience (while plastered on mushrooms admittedly) of being poked by god with a stick, he was pretty much going "what the fuck is this then". Luckily I still had enough presence of mind to tell the judgemental fucker to fuck off, & I advise anyone else finding themselves in this situation to do the same.

This could easily turn into a rant about how much religion angers & sickens me, so I'll stop now.

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 17, 2005 11:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't even think to look for tracks. That would have been smart. Coyotes maybe but it wasn't just the howl...it was the movement that I heard that was so different. I could hear them move on the ground. Which is what really was crazy. I remember being even to scared to look out my window. There may be something to that 'hour of the wolf'.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 25, 2005 01:13     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I want to believe in certain supernatural phenomenon more than I actually do believe in them. I am fascinated by ghosts and hauntings, and always have been. I read TONS of books on the subject and if any show about them comes on TV, I simply HAVE to watch it. Too bad most TV documentary programs about hauntings and such are fucking lame.
I don't quite know if I'm totally convinced yet (being extremly skeptical about most things and all), but I know enough about the subject to not dissmiss a story right off the bat until I've given it a good once over.
The reason for this stems from experiences I had as a kid growing up in Cold Lake Air Force Base. I was about 5 or 6 and our little PMQ (Air Force provided housing) was laid out with the main hallway coming off the kitchen and all the bedrooms and bathroom branched off from the hallway. When sitting in the kitchen you could look down the hallway right to my room at the end and see my toys and shit.
I used to see out of the corner of my eye what appeared to be a very tall and husky man walking from room to room, cris-crossing the hallway at least once a week. I would just sort of catch a glimpse of him, because by the time I turned to fully look that way he had already entered one of the other rooms. I also remember he was practically transparent, and looked so big that he was almost...Frankenstein-ish in appearance. It never scared me though. I just used to say all matter-of-factly "Oh, there goes the man again.". Used to freak the shit out of my mother. Probably my overactive imagination, but still kind of strange. My mom still gets creeped out if we talk about it.

Oh, and once on acid, me and 2 buddies saw a fucking UFO. I'm not kidding. We all saw a tiny red light zip across the sky, stop for a few seconds and then it split up into 5 smaller red lights that each went off in different directions. That was cool.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 26, 2005 05:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On this subject a bit, you know what really gets me, more than anything else? Dreams. Dreams are just about the only thing which ever comes even remotely close to making me "believe" in the supernatural, if you know what I mean. We still don't understand why they happen, why they contain such weird subject material, and how, in the first place, the sleeping, semi-active brain is still able to produce a stylistic "mental movie" of sorts.

I don't think dreams really have meanings, but I've had some really weird ones lately. Probably should stop eating cheese before sleeping.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 26, 2005 13:15     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey mez - are you sure it wasn't just
Don Juan hiding in the bushes?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 26, 2005 14:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahahah.............good one gorf. Don always was a bit throaty.....
Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 26, 2005 15:41     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez-
i at least hope this supernatural experience leads you to a deeper and more meaningful relationship with our Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 27, 2005 20:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire Oh, and once on acid, me and 2 buddies saw a fucking UFO. I'm not kidding. We all saw a tiny red light zip across the sky, stop for a few seconds and then it split up into 5 smaller red lights that each went off in different directions. That was cool.

you sure it wasn't a firework?

That's nothing, my sister & her mate not only got a conversation out of a horse, but also a lamp post. It actually bent right down to talk to them. I never managed to get a lamp post to talk to me however much acid I took. But I'm sure it must have been very enlightening for them. Groan.
Bah! Even the lamp posts think I'm a cunt.

Bet they never got poked with a stick by the Almighty though. But in hindsight, it was probably just some self-important judgemental twat with huge delusions of godliness & spirituality (ie your average druggy technoboy) whose belief managed to take over the whole fucking room & permeate every brain in the vicinity. Or something.

I feel I must also add one of my brother's lsd experiences at this point, in case he starts feeling left out. Nothing particularly spiritual or otherworldly, just mildly amusing. Many years ago, him, my sis, & bunch of other people went to a local festival, & of course got pretty shitfaced. He overdid it on the acid & started freaking out a bit. My sister's boyfriend brought him back home & bustled him past my mother up the stairs with the excuse "He's got a bit of sunstroke, I'll just get him to lie down for a while.."
It seems my brother decided to lose his clothes at some stage (clothes being a pain in the arse & that), & sometime later wandered back downstairs stark naked, pupils like saucers, into the kitchen where my mother was preparing dinner, going " ..Mum ... mum ... I've forgotten how to talk.... fetch me the telephone, & teach me how to talk.."

--------------------

String em up

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 28, 2005 05:57     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know a guy who thought he was in an episode of the X-Files after dropping acid. Theme music and everything.

He was a bit mad anyways, so read into that what you will.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 29, 2005 10:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
Mez-
i at least hope this supernatural experience leads you to a deeper and more meaningful relationship with our Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Perfect!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted April 01, 2005 07:13     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting topic, although I'm very skeptical about this phenomenon I have something serious (and some not) to say.

One night (at about 1 or 2 in the morning) me and my brother were returning by feet at our hotel at the end of the village (we were in holiday of summer ,at a sea location in Italy) when we reached the last narrow street before arriving, we ear a very strange growl (at that hour there is almost abslolutely silence, at least you could remotely ear only crickets and frogs).

We immediately stopped walking and stared at each other without speaking a word trying to understand where this sound were coming from and what kind of animal it may be.
That growl lasted for 5 or 6 seconds after there was a pause of several seconds and then again the growl but with different intensity, we began to be quite scared because it seemed to be a quite big and ferocius animal to produce that sound (although in Italy the biggest wild animal is the dog...), in that small street we couldn't see anyone and we couldn't identify were this sound were coming from.

We didn't used any kind of drugs and at maximum we drinked 1 33 cl. of beer in that night.
After 10 or 15 minutes of that post in the silence of the night we were more scared and that sound sometimes stopped for 1 or 2 minutes and then it began again and it seemed to come from everywere.
At the right of the narrow street there were a row of houses (1 or 2 floor high) and at the left a 1,5 m. high wall with a field of grape-wine.

We thought the animal was hided in the darkness of the grapevine ready to attack but the sound didn't seem to come from there, so after 3 or 4 minutes I identified (climbing on a wall) that that sound came from a opened window from the 1 floor of a house on the right where there was a probably big man (we never saw him) who snored like a huge and terrific monster.

After that night, every night that we returned at the hotel (also for the next summers) we stopped there until we ear that man snore again, occasionaly we also bring there our friends and 1 night we recorded it with a videocamera.

Well it was great fun but after those 10 minutes of almost fear.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 01, 2005 13:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahah....great story Helldriver!
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted April 13, 2005 07:52     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok now it's the moment for one of the serious.

When I was 17 my only way to move is by motor cycle (because in Italy you could drive cars only after been 18 ), at that time I had a girlfriend in a village at about 15 Km from my house.
In that path there is an extraurban street 9 km long that is made of 2 lane for each way (I hope you could understand), well every time (and I mean every time, like a drug) I travelled on that street it was a race, with other motorcycles or only with the time when I returned home at late night and that street was desert.
My moto was a 125 cc and could go at about 130 Km/h, that street was not straight but has some quite bad curves, after the first 40 or 50 times I optimized the trajectories so I could go for the entire street at the full speed of my moto (yes it was quite dangerous).
One night when I was returning at home I was near that race street ( after have been passed through villages where I couldn't race because of the traffic and the street doesn't allowed that) I was starting to gain velocity but suddenly I feel the need to go slow.
I report this because it was the only and first time in my life that i felt that feeling, after some moments of fighting against that "force", I slow down at about 50 or 60 Km/h (and left the motocycler speed pose)and after the first courve (Which I couldn't seen what could be after and wich I usually travel at full speed using all the street) there were half of the street occupied by some works in progress.

I didn't claim that if I travelled at full speed I would have died but surely I will be in full trouble.
This may sound obvious or strange but I report this experience only because I have lived in first person and I could guarantee that it's true, after a while I talked with my father (who were a motorcycler too) and He told me that a similar fact happened 1 time to him too, he found after a courve a car stopped in the middle of the street.

Power and mistery of the mostly unknow human brain...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan