my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Elections in Iraq

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elections in Iraq
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 31, 2005 15:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's going on bleeding hearts over in Iraq now??

ELECTIONS

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 31, 2005 21:33     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, the link to the totally unbiased story at "The National Review" didnt work, Mez.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 01, 2005 00:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was done purposedly so I could stay on top of the argument......
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 01, 2005 01:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent strategy!

I wonder how the new Judas Priest is going over with the Iraqis?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 01, 2005 11:01     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't you all heard? Iraq is free and democratic now!!! Now watch as the approval ratings for the war begin to slip further and further away from GWB as people begin to realize that our boys and girls are STILL getting killed, even after the elections.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted February 01, 2005 17:37     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the fact that the anticipated bloodbath was largely absent was a huge relief. Still a tragedy that people got killed just for voting though. And to think that people in democratic countries can't be arsed to vote because it's raining...

But I think the war in Iraq is far from over. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it get worse. There is still a long way to go yet, and that's assuming we defeat the likes of Zarqarwi, which is by no means a certainty. We have made some very serious errors in ths campaign, and while I still support the actions I feel that things would have been so different had we engaged and used the Iraqi military and police force instead of disbanding them. The fate of Iraq is still on a knife edge, and though it was heartening to see people voting it can't be counted on as a first step unless the violence subsides. Sadly I don't think this is very likely.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 01, 2005 18:04     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my voter registration card, that i sent off for two months before the Presidential Election, arrived today. haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 02, 2005 15:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Haven't you all heard? Iraq is free and democratic now!!! Now watch as the approval ratings for the war begin to slip further and further away from GWB as people begin to realize that our boys and girls are STILL getting killed, even after the elections.

Monkey, you really thought the elections would mean an end to the violence?? The terrorists are really getting serious though with these toy soldiers they're threatening to behead. Damn, scary.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 10, 2005 13:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
damn those purple fingers, but I guess anti-bush monomaniacs can still hope for a civil war in Iraq.

Do you really think Americans who are not in favor of Bush's war really want democracy to fail over there?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 11, 2005 10:10     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In response to Warcorpse and to show that you shouldnt rely on polls so much:

::::::

WASHINGTON (AP) - The public's confidence in President Bush's job performance and the nation's direction has slipped in the opening weeks of his second term, particularly among people 50 and older, according to an Associated Press poll.

Adults were evenly divided on Bush's job performance in January, but now 54 percent disapprove and 45 percent approve. The number who think the country is headed down the wrong track increased from 51 percent to 58 percent in the past month.

::::::

My Pole is better than your Pole.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2005 10:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

My Pole is better than your Pole.

ummmm, I prefer the southpaw pole. The Leaning Pole of Pisa. ah, yes, yes...to the left...to the left.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted February 11, 2005 13:05     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probly because of his reforms on SS, or the erradication of said government instituion.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan