my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » the Republican Party

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the Republican Party
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 18, 2004 10:31     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The Republican Party affirms that the United States is a Christian nation."

The Constitution Restoration Act of 2004:
introduced into both houses of Congress on February 11, 2004, "includes the acknowledgment of God as the sovereign source of law by an official in his capacity of executing his office." Katherine Yurica, author of the Yurica Report, reports on this bill that reveals the theocratic intentions of some members of the U.S. Congress. Among the sponsors of the bill are Rep. Robert Aderholt (Alabama), Rep. Michael Pence (Indiana), Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, Sen. Zell Miller (Georgia), Sen. Sam Brownback (Kansas), and Sen. Lindsey Graham (South Carolina).

Chuck Baldwin of Renew America calls The Constitution Restoration Act of 2004, "the most important legislation in the last fifty years."

Transformation from Secular to Religious Government:
Under the Bush administration, our country is experiencing a major transformation from a secular to a religious government. The President's faith-based initiative is central to this transformation and raises serious questions about church-state separation. "Slouching toward theocracy. President Bush's faith-based initiative is doing better than you think," by Bill Berkowitz, 2/6/04 provides an overview of this transformation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i can see why bush is getting alot of support from the bible belt areas in the united states, i really like the idea of the pledge and prayer in schools
(if you choose to or not) i said the pledge every morning in the early days of school. in america you have freedom of choice... you can choose to bring your prayer rug to school and bow to the east several times a day, but no one is supposed to criticize you for it. (and do we?) but christianity is criticized to the max !
is that what the founding fathers and writers of the constitution actually intended. (they were a republican party)
also the ten commandments removal from alot of judical instutions around the nation is just messed up.
i just like the sound of that bill (the constitution restoration act)

http://www.theocracywatch.org/index.html

there is alot of pro and con Bush stuff on this site, its not too biased...

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 19, 2004 00:07     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe that within the public school system, one should be able to pray or not to pray, according to one's beliefs. Most importantly, I also "firmly" believe that no matter under what circumstances, that if one chooses to practice their religion in a public school setting, that it in no way impacts or offends other students' learning. So in essence: I believe that prayer should only be allowed before or after school!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 19, 2004 09:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The REAL Pledge as written by Kula....

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of Israel and to the Corporate Interests for which it stands, one nation under Jesus, divided, with control and enslavement for all."

For your knowledge, the pledge was origionally written by a facist Baptist Minister.

The Pledge of Allegiance - A Short History

The Pledge is nothing more than an imposed form of RELIGION and FACISM upon young
impressionable minds.
Its no better than the Nazi Salute of theyre Flag and theyre Pledges.

Old News:
Federal appeals court last week ruled that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in a public school's classroom is unconstitutional because it requires children, regardless of their religious beliefs, to promise obedience to a God.
By putting children in a position of having to say the pledge of allegiance or keep conspicuously silent in front of their classmates, schools create an "unacceptable choice between participating and protesting," a three-member panel of the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled.

I absolutely agree with that.
REMOVE the Pledge. REMOVE the 10 Commandments.
Take all forms of religion OUT of School and Government.
Religion is MENTAL ILLNESS.
I dont like the fact that millions of brainwashed Americans are taught to be mentally ill every day!

Religion leads to Facism which leads to WAR and DEATH.
Its true of ANY Religion weather Christian, Muslim, or Hindu or whatever.

This Constitution Restoration Act of 2004 is no better than what the Muslim Governments do.
Its a VERY dangerous thing.
The Politicians sponsoring it need to be taken out of office.

You want to Pledge Allegiance to something?
THIS is what you should be reciting!

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE EARTH

AND TO THE UNIVERSAL SPIRIT WHICH GIVES US LIFE;

ONE PLANET, INDIVISIBLE,

WITH PEACE AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

:::

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 19, 2004 09:56     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apart from the first three lines there, you actually made sense, Kula.

I agree, in the main. Religious fundamentalism is rising all across the globe at a frankly frightening rate. The problem with religion is that it's like a shitty painting that has "sentimental value". You want to remove it because it looks like arse, but you "can't" because it "means something" to someone in the household.

I'm all for freedom of thought, but the current culture only leads to fervent, violent evangelism.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 20, 2004 11:43     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't celebrate Christmas.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 21, 2004 03:00     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to say that I see bad things happening in the next few years here in the USA... This administration blatently uses ignorance, mis-information and fear to consolidate their power. So fucking wicked smart and manipulative! In my life I have not seen the the American people swallow a bigger load of BS than this.

Yes, get God in your corner! Who can question a leader who is merely serving the will of God!? C'mon, are people really buying into this shit? These people aren't trying to save the souls of America, they are securing themselves into positions of unquestionable dominion!

Spiritual and religious freedom of indivuduals I can support. The infusion of government and religion I can't. People all over seem to be forgetting history lately and it's starting to feel like we are all about to get another lesson in repeating it.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 21, 2004 12:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha...Remember when Bill was seeking solace in his spiritual guides to help him through his Monica struggles? I think Billy Graham was there...several others...

I bet he mentioned Jesus a lot during those days(assume arkansas accent)...."Please Jesus, don't let'em impeach me..please God I'll do anything you ask..it was just a little lie Jesus....I had to see what was hidden underneath that blue dress GODDDDDDDDDD PLEASE!!!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 21, 2004 14:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who ever said Clinton was better than Bush? Certainly wasn't me. The religious influence in America is a long-held thing, and it's not conduicive to good government. From either party.

And it's not just how many times Bush mentions God, that's just silly. It's the insistence on Gay marriage being outlawed in the constitution (religion), wanting the Ten Commandments in every court and school (religion), to abstinence-led sex not-education (religion). Bush sure fucked up on that one. Teach the kids abstinence yeah, goo thing. But DON'T demonise condoms and contraception. Thanks to Bush, you're seeing an STD boom. Yay religion!

Most worrying of all about the so called "Jesus-card" is the moral absolutism that pervades politics in America. Operation Infinite Justice. Iraq = Evil. America is God's COuntry, the Great White Hope. There's a disturbing trend towards fundamentalism in America (and in many other countries, it has to be said), which is not limited by party politics.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 21, 2004 14:44     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said Lyc.

BTW...It was me who said Clinton better than Bush.
Better ACTOR, Better Liar, Better because he never Invaded in order to Occupy.
Clinton never attemped to bring those dirty brown people the American SALVATION.
Bottom line...Clinton has murdered far less people in the name of God (justice) than the facist Bush.

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted September 21, 2004 16:00     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
conclusion: all the same shit.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 21, 2004 16:30     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Lyc. Soviet Union was the most anti-religious country ever. Yet not only gay marriage was prohibited, but gay relationships were a criminal offence. Not only was it practicing "abstinence-led sex not-education", but also condoms and other means of contraception were nowhere to be found, and those that could be found by some miracle - were of insanely bad quality.

Anti-religious? Not really. Anti-established theism, sure, but the Stalinist deification of the State and the messianic properties he assigned himself were anything but anti-religious. God was not removed, he was replaced.

I'm not saying that only religion can lead to these things. But, it does have a lot to answer for. Homosexuality was an offence punishable by prison in the UK until 1971. Indeed, it's still illegal to even mention homosexuality as anything other than an abomination in schools in the UK, under the Christian conservative-led Section 28 clause. The argument is that in this case, these stupid ideas are espoused by fundamentalist theism in the halls of power. Silly people will get silly ideas. Some silly people will get into government. On top of this, Fundamentalists are silly people with absolutely bonkers ideas. And too many of them are having too much say.

You can't wage wars on Islamic fundies without first addressing your own religious crackpots.

As an aside, how many of those "Christ"s, "Jesus"' and "God"s in Clin-Ton's presidency were heard not in speeches, but coming from the Oval Office on certain days?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 21, 2004 18:58     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I think it's all based on perception, Media coverage, other biases, and outright lies. The left expends great energy painting this administration as 'religious right'. To the degree that religion (especially christianity) is an evil, negative and dangerous thing. People who go to church are laughed at, called idiots, belittled, 'super heroes in the sky' etc.

Who's laughing here? I know the attitude you speak of WC, but I don't see an left-wing agenda there, just simple ignorance and intolorance. There will always be 'lowest-common-demoninators' in every circle.

I think you'll find that most Americans who don't want our government to become more relegiously integrated than it already is fall in the lines of what Lyc stated in his post. Why not allow gays to marry? It's their funeral... I also am of the opinion that women (and all people for that matter), should be able to make any decisions they wish concerning their own bodies.

I am certainly not saying christianity is evil!? As a personal guide in self discipline and treatment of others, sure, for many people this is very important and the effect on their lives is positive. Christianity as the established American religion!? Seems like an unwise course in a country that is populated with immigrants (and decendants of immigrants) who came here to avoid religious persecution by state enforced belief-systems in their respective countries of origin.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 22, 2004 21:23     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Christianity as the established American religion!? Seems like an unwise course in a country that is populated with immigrants.

christanity has been the established religion in the U.S. at the countrys birth.

quote:
(and decendants of immigrants) who came here to avoid religious persecution by state enforced belief-systems in their respective countries of origin.

more like state enforced dictatorship from the likes of anti religious hitler and the other dictators. 'religious freedom' also played a large role in the independence of america, here you can choose what you want to believe.
the united states should be known as the land of immigrants who said,
'fuck you' we had enough
as they were leaving their/our own country.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 22, 2004 21:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
burp!

sorry.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan