my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Study: US Completely Batshit Insane

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Study: US Completely Batshit Insane
Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted June 01, 2004 12:26     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/06/01/global.mental.health.ap/index.html

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Mental illnesses including anxiety disorders and depression are common and under-treated in many developed and developing countries, with the highest rate found in the United States, according to a study of 14 countries.

Based on face-to-face diagnostic surveys in the homes of 60,463 adults, the study found that mental ailments affect more than 10 percent of people queried in more than half the countries surveyed.

Rates ranged from 26.4 percent of people in the United States to 8.2 percent of people in Italy. While Nigerians appeared to have the lowest prevalence of mental illness -- 4.7.

[Well, well, America is fucking nuts. Now there's a shocker!]

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 01, 2004 13:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, with the highest rate of pharmaceutical drug prescriptions and doctors "telling" people they need them, of course everyone is crazy.

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted June 01, 2004 19:10     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My sister-in-law is a teacher and she scares me with how convinced she is that kids should be sedated. I can't imagine if some teacher tried to sick the CPS on me because the kid is bored and can't sit still.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 02, 2004 07:54     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be stuffed to the gills with them...

While I was at primary school I was a teacher's nightmare, in fact I was going to be packed off to a special needs school because they were convinced I was backward.

It was only when the welfare officer came around to my parents' house, saw me (aged 6) reading the newspaper, more than capable of reciting my times tables and passed his spelling test with full marks that he realised my problem was that I was totally bored out of my mind! My problem was that my parents could not fund a private education for me. So, they gave me some different stuff to do at my primary school and I was fixed!

Kids need sedating...No, the teachers need to engage the kids and get their interest!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan