my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » The Political Process Reduced to the Language of Junk Mail

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Political Process Reduced to the Language of Junk Mail
Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted May 05, 2004 16:17     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://audience.cnn.com/services/cnn/memberservices/member_auth.jsp?error=&pid=cnn.veepstakes&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdynamic.cnn.com%2Fapps%2FPE%2Fveepstakes%2F&source=cnn&ct=true

Rock the Vote, Amerika!

|  IP: Logged
Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 02:28     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah...I deffinately agree on that being a waste of time. Anyone who takes the time and effort to have a page totally dedicated to spoofing on government issues really needs to get a life. I seriously doubt thats a freebie web page. To think someone actually paid for it.

If it was supposed to be funny, it failed.
If it was supposed to encourage me to think more objectively, it totally fucking failed. It wouldn't piss me off so bad if it weren't for the fact that there is a current problem on the net concerning farce pages that are intended to look like something real.

Do you realize how many children and retarded people might come across that and think its real?

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted May 06, 2004 09:16     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sad part is that it IS real. Go to the CNN page and go to "Special Reports."
Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 13:13     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do not see this under special reports and if someone did send a letter that looks like this it doesn't explain why someone took the time to make a page such as that link up there and it wouldn't explain how whoever made that page got ahold of any letter from the whitehouse that resembles this unless they scanned it first, put it on the page then put it in the mail....and if you are trying to tell me that this is how the pictures were obtained in the first place, I seriously doubt anyone would be able to get ahold of it seeing as how there is an investigation going on.

If I am wrong then please explain to me how this is "real"

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted May 06, 2004 13:54     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What? It's just a link to CNN's "Veepstakes" page.
Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 14:01     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just did another search on CNN for special reports and I still don't see anything.

I did, however, find an article that says the pictures of US soldiers was submitted by a military policeman by the name of Darby that sparked an investigation, but it never says how it was leaked to the media. The pictures were on CD and it didn't say exactly what he did with it, if any copies were made or if he or anyone else gave them to the media before turning them over to whoever he turned them over to which it also doesn't say.
According to the article...where the pictures of the British soldiers came from is not known.

As for that supposedly humourous link up there. The red handwritting is the same as the black and was clearly done by computer. Its not even an actual letter. I'm still trying to see the point in this but I just don't see how its productive or effective in anyway and its extremely annoying. Its just another piece of crap wit that is all too common and makes leftist look like idiots who can't come up with a better plan. If someone wants to convince anyone of anything then they need to come up with something of substance concerning their issues on really important matters such as this instead of wasting everyones time with tired junior high school level prankster crap like this. How much more irritating can human beings possibly be and when will this sink into their thick rock hard skulls. They are an insult to their plight and degrade the beauty of questioning authority lower than I have ever seen and should feel like nothing more than an utter and complete waste of life...even amoung their peers who share the same veiws. Is there another way I could say this? Could I make myself any more clear?

If the writer of that page wants to send in letters with false identities do you think anyone with any sense would really care?

As far as humor is concerned...I didn't even get so much as a chuckle. You know why?

because it's not funny

Need I say more?

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 14:14     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Planetary Eulogy:
What? It's just a link to CNN's "Veepstakes" page.

Do you think I would waste my time going on about that link? Really? Of course not...Eintein. As a matter of fact...is it even worth talking about? Not in my opinion. I think its quite obvious which link I was reffering and even you could have figured that one out all by yourself...especially seeing as how I made other refferences to the other post as well so here I am again...explaining the obvious in such a total waste of my time it should be illegal. Can you tell how annoyed I am? Does it show that I hold an opinion that certain people are so full of worthless bullshit that I could go on and on about it from here to eternity and never do the subject enough justice. I don't know you and I don't know Portuga and I don't know where that link came from but whoever supplied it should be ashamed...not for their veiws...not even for the page, but the simple fact that this is the best they can do to get people to think. It is a complete shame that people who have veiws opposing whats going on get crammed into a nutshell with the likes of the writer of that page.

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted May 06, 2004 14:48     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are clearly insane. Get medicated.
Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 15:18     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Planetary Eulogy:
You are clearly insane. Get medicated.

Care to explain?

Tell me how me being annoyed and disappointed and ranting about it because I fail to see the point in pages such as this makes me insane? How? Thats the stupidest thing I've heard. All I'm asking is that people either make better jokes or put forth forth a better debate. I don't think that me being annoyed and disappointed in this makes me insane...because I put thought into it? Is that your proof?

Or is it that I wrote about something that you turned around? If you read my first post you would easily see which link I was talking about and for you to suggest I search for something that was never there in fair debate in case anyone else who might read this was confused about it does not make me insane. Sure, I'm wasting my time playing it out with you but I am considering that you and I are not the only ones who've read this and it angers me when I think of all the people out there who make the effort to propagate this shit with no respect to the fact that there are people in this world who cannot recognize false photos, false names and false sites. Does putting a little thought into something make me insane? Does that fact that yes, IT ANGERS ME...make me insane? No, I don't think it does.

Its real simple and to your disappointment, far from insane. If one has an honest, genuine opinion then it shouldn't be too much to ask that they present it in an honest genuine way and if it is meant as a joke...at least make it funny or it is going to be ignored by the majority, taken seriously by an unfortunate few and allowed to irritate the "insane"

Perhaps you just need to revise your deffinitions.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 06, 2004 17:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i couldnt find a "battle of the trolls" jpg on google, dammit. some photo shop genius needs to hook me up.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 06, 2004 18:57     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
i couldnt find a "battle of the trolls" jpg on google, dammit. some photo shop genius needs to hook me up.

Hmmm.....battle of the trolls.....???

Wasn't that a thread?

Not sure what picture you are reffering to but it seems like a photoshop genius could be lurking around here somewhere. There's been a few of those jobbies around here as I recall. I only question those who are trying to dupe people and its not like its not everywhere on the net. Its gets old. You can't even hardly get to good pages without having to go through the crap ones. Pretty soon the internet will be one big pile of useless links other than places you have to subscribe to and one huge troll meeting where they can sit around and try to dupe each other. Thats why when trolls get done playing on a forum and leave you can practically hear your own echo. Sure, there fun to argue with and all that happy shit but thats not going to stop me from saying somethings stupid if it is indeed stupid...and to think that makes me crazy. What a hoot. At least when I look at myself in the mirror I see someone who, despite human imperfections, is a nice fairly normal person despite the half punk ass hairdos I occasionally give myself who tries to be an honest person and not some merry prankster who has devoted their life to making webpages where the context is not so much the issue as the fact that they try so hard to make it and everything else look like something its not. Is this fun? Are we having fun yet? I'd rather sit around and watch strongly marketed commercials all day then to sit back and look at all this crap and have to keep my mouth shut. Its not going to happen. What would be the point of even turning my PC on?

Ok...I'm done ranting for abit.

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 08, 2004 00:03     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Portuga.

I'm going to get you for deleting your posts and Mr. FunnyGuy Planetary Eulogy knows it.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 09, 2004 19:57     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charon:
Portuga.

I'm going to get you .

threats?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted May 09, 2004 21:51     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:

threats?

No Cthon, that would be called a joke and if you were watching when they were posting you'd know why. Shall I explain? I'd be glad to.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan