my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » water on mars

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: water on mars
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted January 23, 2004 07:31     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/01/23/mars.water.ice/index.html

After all water exits in other places besides Earth...and this just the beginning.

I think this is a good sign for all the sceptics... a lot of books and writers saying bull that water only exists on our planet need to be revised...
Maybe WE ARE NOT ALONE

|  IP: Logged
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 23, 2004 09:40     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Life on other planets...

How big is this universe? Huge.

How many stars? Millions, possibly billions.

And we have the arrogance to believe we are alone??? Just because we have discovered that life on this planet is limited to a set of rules does not mean that life cannot exist by another set that is totally alien (excuse the pun) to our 'established' theories. It is not a case of is there life on other planets. It is more a case of where does it live. I believe that in my lifetime we will never find this out, but eventually I think we will.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 23, 2004 18:02     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eventually i think we will find out also, mabye even in our next life...

Carl Sagan one of my favorite cosmologist speculated about how life arose on this planet, providing all the right conditions for life to arise, "distance from the sun" water, comets bombarding, ect... well to the point he made which i may have to agree is he speculated that if life does exsist elsewhere (which i do believe) would mabye be very similar to ours ? being that life on this planet is proof and and example of a sucessfull conditions for life to have arisin. and whats not to say the same conditions do not exsist elsewhere in the vast cosmos that we inhabit ? in otherwords "they" may not be too different from us at all.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted January 23, 2004 18:19     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have a problem believing that there is life on other planets, but that doesn't mean that they have the technology to get here. We still have to learn how to travel several times the speed of light and how to power something that could go that fast in the first place.

I love reading all of the ideas that scientists have on how to accomplish space travel. Should be really cool in a couple hundred years.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 23, 2004 22:07     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thinking is the best way to travel -Moody Blues

end thread ?...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 24, 2004 06:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I certainly DO believe in other lifeforms, elsewhere... no doubt about it.

we can't be the only idiots in the universe!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 25, 2004 08:26     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
we can't be the only idiots in the universe!!!

i dont really think the hunam race is sooo idiodic, i mean there are people with weak minds!!! who dont even speculate at all.. (or cant find how to express it)
but on the other hand i think the goodness of the human race is greater than our flaws.

theres just TOO MANY HUMANS

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 25, 2004 11:04     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatröss:
theres just TOO MANY HUMANS

That's why nature creates fun things like Cancer, Plague, AIDS, etc.

But that's for another thread, I guess...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 25, 2004 12:07     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where the hell do you think Gwar came from?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 25, 2004 16:26     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
That's why nature creates fun things like Cancer, Plague, AIDS, etc.

But that's for another thread, I guess...

Yeah it probably is...

But I'd agree, it's about nature's checks and balances and we, slowly but surely, are tipping the balance to a point where we will be unable to sustain our numbers.

Some excellent pictures today as well. Have to hand it to NASA for achieving two landings in 3 weeks, this is better than even they could have hoped for.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted February 02, 2004 05:44     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Space expoloration and colonization is my area of EXPERTISE.....yes, there is water on Mars and holds similar compounds that Earth posseses.....just not enough warmth.
Has anyone heard of QUANTUM MECHANICHS? 11 different dimensions, paralell universes....does anyone want the equation? well here it goes :Quantum Physics*(you really must read on the mergence of the theory of relativity and the theory of G+EMU+LEP+HEP in quanum physics(fascinating theory on the feasible admittance into a black hole and the possibility for travel to other galaxies.....NOVA ROCKS!!!!
There is also a thery that exhausts the possibility of using mirror reflection to generate the heat necessary to start solar channeling on Mars to kick start the planets genesis effect......IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY VIABLE....but one step at a time.....QUANTUM MECHANICS FIRST, THEN GENESIS EFFECT.....then there is the determination that there will be a hemisperic reaction that will affect Earth's atmosphere.....for every action there is a reaction.....must think on those terms.....
.....For example Nucular melt down....three mile island, Turnoble....didn't just affect the area, but surrounding areas as well.....two headed farm animals, amphibians....and genetically mutated humans......hmmmmmm........there is always a reaction when it comes to science. It makes a person analyze and examine every minute detail, don't you think?

--------------------

The legalist

Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted February 02, 2004 05:53     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I forgot to add :
11 dimension theory , the equaqtion is as follows 1T+6+3+1) And tearing throught the demensions of time and space.........my sister is a mathematical genius(I'm o.k. at it--mediocre, but she's brilliante) and she worked on Einsteins theory of Relativitty which surmises that space will retract on itself.....Einstein thought it was his biggest blunder, but scientists are coming to realize that his theory holds substantitive merit ; the combination of Quantum mechanics and Einsteins theory of relativity is opening up more possibilities for scientists than EVER imagined........

Anyone heard of the M-THEORY(Matrix theory)?
Michelle Pons

--------------------

The legalist

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 02, 2004 18:11     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did you ever see that star trek movie where they had the Genesis device and all kind of stuff went wrong, except for they got spock back...

i dont think we should play with mars on such a large scale, nature will take its course and the human race is not ready to inhabit that planet yet. mabye mars will be ready more by the time earth is too close to the sun and we can do a planet jump, or we could have done one before from venus which is now way too close to the sun.

unfortunatly i have had no mathmatic schooling or science after 11th grade here in US, sometimes i wished i could have persued a more interesting career.
'but im a mechanic' i could not tell you what the root of Pi is...
i can put a clutch in your SUV $

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 04, 2004 15:33     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not too interested or concerned to find out if there's water on mars or not. But from reading some of the more recent posts in this thread, i'm really interested and concerned with people with water on the brain.
Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted February 04, 2004 15:35     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross-
I hear what you are saying.....we are not in necessity at this time to colonize Mars. Our planet has not reached total contamination.....it will eventually become that way, however, and scientists have valid reasons to explore all the scientific variables......as for myself and mathematical theory, I started late. I had insecurities because my sister and her intelligence overshadowed me for years.....all A's in school, she was second in her class at North East High school - A selective high school that specialized in Aerodynamic technology--all the math and sciences (it's in Philly).....

I partied, never realizing my full potential, although every high school I went to, I was ALWAYS placed in honors ENGLISH.....I would win awards (that makes me proud)....I dropped out of high school and went back when I was 25......I procrastinated because I feared failure....bad choice....should have went back to school earlier, Ce` la vie!
I was ready at 25....seen idiots surpass me in financial status.....I started checking out Quantum Mechanics last year....and am finding the subject trully fascinating....the math just comes along with it.....logic,reason, and common sense.....and I'm finding an aptitude for it
Mechanical capability is a NOBEL talent....I can't fix shit!!!!! More like break things (yup, technically challenged!!!)......My frind Tim can fix just about anything.....that's is TRE`S COOL I wish I had that talent!!!!

--------------------

The legalist

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 04, 2004 15:49     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Michelle. I'm only gonna type this once, so pay attention (that is if you can stop orgasming on your own drivel for 5 minutes).

I'm offended by your misuse of my native french language. Don't try and write "C'est la vie" (ce`levie?) and "trčs cool" (tr`e cool?) ever again. You might intend to use these as a way to make yourself sound smarter than you really are, and lemme tell you, that's not working. It really doesn't. So just stop.

Also, what's this bad habit of yours of turning EVERY single thread you post in into "this is michelle's life"? It's irritating. In case you didnt know, this particular thread is about the probability of H2O on the planet mars. It's not about you being such a fuck-up! That's egotistical to me. You clearly also do not possess any concept of "who cares", either.

Finally, this isnt just me who's offended by your shortcomings. I'm maybe just the first one to address it directly (well, Meg already did on vv.com).

Thank you.

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted February 04, 2004 16:57     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sheesh could we just delete skuls ultra-negatronic post there ? this kind of rational response is unwarranted.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 04, 2004 17:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh contrare. I..no...J'agree wuth Monsiur Skul'ed. wee.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 04, 2004 18:17     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I'm not too interested or concerned to find out if there's water on mars or not. But from reading some of the more recent posts in this thread, i'm really interested and concerned with people with water on the brain.

its not water on the brain, its turkey with a light haze of smoke.

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted February 04, 2004 21:37     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/01/23/mars.water.ice/index.html

After all water exits in other places besides Earth...and this just the beginning.

I think this is a good sign for all the sceptics... a lot of books and writers saying bull that water only exists on our planet need to be revised...
Maybe WE ARE NOT ALONE

-------------------------------------
Why did i start this shit!?

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted February 04, 2004 22:11     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok here goes the redemption:
WATER ON THE BRAIN

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan