my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » FUH2.com

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FUH2.com
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 12, 2004 10:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.fuh2.com/index.php
 |  IP: Logged
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 12, 2004 15:42     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only the US can run vehicles like this thanks to the fact you pay jack shit for your petrol. We pay more for 1 US gallon that you do for 3!

Here in the UK Average mileage is considered to be 10,000 miles a year or 200 miles a week. That would cost you £80.00($120.00) a week just to get around!!!

Madness...is such a vehicle really necessary? Really? I mean it is dingo ugly...

Mind you, with something like half the US population or more classed as clinically obese and of those a good 30% are severely obese, maybe it's the only thing that can carry around those portly pizza scoffers

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 12, 2004 15:47     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the damn things take a minimum of 2 parking spaces to boot. Somebody in my mom's apartment building has one and I'm amazed they can get it into the parking garage. They park it in the handicap spot, plus the one next to it...and I don't think they are disabled or legally entitled to use that space. bastards.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 12, 2004 21:54     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's the classic auto-phallic syndrome.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 14, 2004 01:21     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
It's the classic auto-phallic syndrome.

Exactlly. There is really no point to owning a vehicle that big unless you are the fucking army, or you have a small dick and it makes you feel inferior. SUV's in general are useles anyways. Gas gobbling pollution pigs. No to mention the rollover statistics.

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 28, 2004 00:14     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As bad as the H2 is, how about the H1? That's the original Humvee, and it makes the H2 look like an economy car.

The barrier to entry is a bit higher, though - $100k, or very close to it. So you don't see as many of them (thank goodness).

The following is an excerpt from a Seattle Times article about SUV owners, from a couple of years ago. You should see the photo of this guy that accompanied the article - he's grey/bald/fat, his wife looks at least 25 years younger than he is and is not originally from the USA, if you know what I mean.

------------------------------------

The Hummer owner is Mike Paull, 48, of Seattle. He retired after 11 years at Microsoft. He has two kids from a previous marriage, and he remarried five years ago. He bought the 1999 Hummer wagon for $68,000. New ones list for $114,000. It gets 10½ miles to the gallon.

"My wife claims it was a midlife crisis — I soundly deny that!" Paull insisted. "I never lusted after a sports car. My dream was a Toyota Land Cruiser. I like to ski, enjoy camping, generally liked to travel 'the road less traveled.' "

Paull continued: "I guess I've never cared all that much about what others think of me, so the social 'stigma' of owning a large vehicle was never a consideration. Safety and stability are always major considerations when I make a vehicle purchase, and no SUV in the world has the side slope, approach or departure angle stability of the Hummer — it's a wide mother! And, at a fully loaded-out weight of close to 8,000 pounds, Newton's law makes it pretty clear who loses in case of a collision."

I asked Paull for some Hummer anecdotes.

"Well, I've had the truck egged in front of REI," he said. "And, although I try to be sensitive to the fact that I'm driving a fairly wide vehicle, people often tend to pull over for no apparent reason. The Hummer has some pretty big blind spots. On the freeway, people often tend to hang in the blind spot, looking the truck over, which could be disastrous if I were in the habit of executing lane changes without turning my head and looking back first."

There is something else that Paull said that stood out, and I think he spoke for many SUV owners: "They definitely do not have the 'My life is a failure and my name is NORMAL' stigma attached to, say, a minivan."

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 17, 2004 18:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't be a victim!!!

hahaha!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 22, 2004 10:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite car is a nice economical Subaru WRX.

But right now i drive a big Toyota Tundra.
Uses lots of gas, but is a pretty steady truck.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan