my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » terrorist everywhere (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: terrorist everywhere
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 20, 2003 16:33     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:

[qb] [QUOTE] There is nothing you can say that can convince me that the government of Israel has the right to kick a Palestinian child out of their own home.

...but this seems to be the only tactic that really helps to prevent terror.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

One could also argue that seeing these things happen to your neighbours for example, only increases the hatred toward the Israelis...

|  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 25, 2003 14:24     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We'll have to see what happens when Arafat dies (he's getting on a bit now). There are still lots of hardliners in his own Fattah-movement, not to mention Hammas. Doubt there will ever be peace in Israel though.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 25, 2003 16:37     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hex, I read all with interest, but I still stand by my point - that the violence on both sides is making the situation worse. I perhaps may re-word my opinion on Arafat being unable to rein in the extremists within his ranks, unwilling is perhaps a better word.

It is hard to watch a pregnant woman lose her baby because Israeli soldiers refused to allow an ambulance though to give her aid. I know there are countless examples of similar Palestinian wrongs as well, it's just to me they all seem as bad as each other. And that is all I am trying to say here, that there is wrong on both sides, not just the one. Maybe when Arafat dies there could be a change in emphasis, but my worry here is that he has already worked out the path for power within the Palestine movement and that we will see little change, if any at all. Only time will tell, but no peace solution will be agreed while he is still alive, of this I am now certain.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

annki8
VoivodFan
Member # 388

posted November 26, 2003 13:31     Profile for annki8   Email annki8     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KingKula:
All of you completely miss the point...
...........Millions of protestors around the world cant be wrong, guys.

........When they come to wake you in the middle of the night, dragging you into the middle of the street, destroying your house with Grenades and Tank Shells, leaving you homeless when you have done nothing...
Then you will understand who the Terrorists are.

I do also think that you missed the Point!
Like "King Kula/KilledBySharks" means; you have to experience it yourself or through relatives or close friends to be able to understand.

Just two pix I found on the web:

--------------------

Peace!
Annki

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 26, 2003 14:04     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's kind of amusing to think that you're citing a quote from Kula saying that one can't understand without experiencing it - last time I checked, Texans weren't being victimized by backpack bombers. Does this mean that I can't form an opinion on punishment for child molesters because I myself wasn't molested and no one in my family was? That's ridiculous. Of course, those who LIVE through horrible events and deal with these things day-to-day are certain to provide a good deal more insight than those of us who don't. Those of use who are fortunate enough not to have experienced terrorism on a personal level are certainly entitled to read about them, see the horrible images and decide where we stand on the issue.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 26, 2003 17:13     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kane

Thank you for posting exactly what I was going to!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan