my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » 40th Anniversary of Kennedy Assassination

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 40th Anniversary of Kennedy Assassination
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 17, 2003 17:55     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And to mark the occasion we here have a very nice program to watch on BBC2, studying all the forensic data and recreating it in a virtual simulation of the event. I shall be watching this one with interest. As is normal with these things it won't change a thing. What with the critical information on the event classified for 99 years or something like that, many of us won't ever truly know who was responsible for what!

But for the record I have always believed it to be an inisde job; it was never, and could never have been Lee Harvey Oswald. For those Brits who are curious watch BBC2 this Sunday, 9pm. I shall be. And if any of you guys the other side of the pond can pick up BBC 2 on sattelite I'd recommend it to you as well.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 17, 2003 21:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about this show Knick but we have one coming on over here by the program Frontline examining Oswald which looks pretty good. Thursday night at nine on PBS.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 18, 2003 16:40     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pity I can't get that Mez

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 18, 2003 18:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OSWALD

Frontline is just about my favorite program on tv aside from reruns of Seinfeld. This looks like a good one. Knick, can your vcr play NTSC tape? If so, I'll tape it and drop it in the mail for ya.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 18, 2003 20:23     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No but I can borrow one, no problems. That'd be real cool

--------------------

Hail Santa...

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 23, 2003 19:47     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I'm stunned

Just finished watching the programme and I have to say I'm speechless

The information I saw in the BBC2 documentary totally contradicts the exact same film used as evidence to prove more than one assassin was at work in a similar documentary broadcast 15 years ago on Channel 4. The latter programme looked at each frame in very slow motion and it showed clearly that the head was not only shot from the front but half the skull was removed, and you clearly saw the head shocked backwards! This was totally glossed over in tonight's program. Almost no attention was drawn to it, apart from a vague comment that the head moving backwards is not a significant factor. Well, it is if the matter you can see erupting from the gunshot wound is not moving forwards!!! Also, somebody will have to correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but the kind of rifle bullets Oswald was using were piercing types and didn't cause too much lateral disruption to the target. The final shot caused major trauma to the head of the president, as can be seen by the Zapruder footage from frames 312 to 315 if viewed close up and in slow motion. Any ballistics experts out there tell me what you think, but personally I'm still tied to my belief that Oswald did not fire the fatal shot. This has nothing to do with the 'magic bullet' theory, I'm interested in the final, fatal shot. Looking at the footage I would have to conclude that there was a second assassin.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 24, 2003 12:40     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dunno if we're talking about the same documentary, but the one showed on BBC2 last night concluded that Oswald was acting alone. Was quite interesting though.

Never knew that Oswald tried to kill a US Army major some time before the Kennedy-case as well...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 24, 2003 13:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To be honest, the programme only gave that one point of view - that Oswald did it, and that was that. The only views it challenged were those put forward in the Oliver Stone film, ferchrissakes. I agree with your judgement, Knicker.

Yes, the bullets were indeed armour piercing bullets. As the programme itself pointed out, the 'magic bullet' went right through Kennedy and his companion.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 24, 2003 14:02     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the major networks here in the states showed a similar (maybe the same?) documentary this past Thursday night. All I got out of it was a reaffirmation that the 'magic bullet' wasn't magic and that there's no possible way that someone shooting from behind Kennedy could have produced his fatal headwound. Impossible. Frustratingly enough, nothing is mentioned about that fact. In the end, my theory is that Oswald was doing the shooting in the depository (not a blameless patsy), but that he was acting in conjunction with another or others. All in all, watching Zapruder's film is still chilling.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 24, 2003 16:34     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
Dunno if we're talking about the same documentary, but the one showed on BBC2 last night concluded that Oswald was acting alone. Was quite interesting though.

Never knew that Oswald tried to kill a US Army major some time before the Kennedy-case as well...

Yep the same...

The Army Major snippet...Neither had I until Sunday night.

It definitely appeared to me that the programme set out to prove Oswald's guilt and nothing else. The bit that clinched it for me was when they projected the path of the second 'magic' bullet in the simulation back to a possible source and bingo! It was traced back 100% on the nose to the base of the far right window in the 6th floor of the book depository! I'm sorry, but this just is too good to be true. There is little doubt the shot came from behind, but for them to pinpoint the source exactly??? Come on please! If they had gotten to within about 5-10 feet of the window I think most of us would have been sold, and this would have been far more realistic. But that immediately told me that this was going all out to show Oswald was the sole assassin. The programme was as much a whitewash as the enquiry soon after Kennedy's death was, although it is clear now that information was withheld from the team who conducted it, thus the conclusion they came to.

And yes, the Zapruder footage is chilling to me also. Even now that final shot makes me sick to the stomach. Doesn't matter how many times I see it, I never get desensitised. Maybe because it is an actual killing I am witnessing makes it all the more poignant. But that 20 or so seconds proved to me that there was more than one person involved that day. Maybe not as a team, that much I would admit. But definitely more than one individual.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 25, 2003 14:31     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Much of my opinions about the assasination are/were formed by the conspiracy theory put forward in the JFK-movie by Oliver Stone. This documentary was pretty convincing as well.

Interesting part was that according to the documentary, the last (and fatal) shot couldn't have come from the grassy knoll because the bullet could've never hit Kennedy in the back of the head. Food for thought.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan