my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Fucking USA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fucking USA
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 17, 2003 12:21     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking USA
 |  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 17, 2003 13:15     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are some excerpts from 'THE OFFICIAL PROPAGANDA IN THE DPRK: IDEAS AND METHODS' by Dr. Andrei Lankov. It's a pretty interesting read, especially after watching the video Nia linked above! I pasted some of the more interesting bits below, but here's a link to the full text of his paper:

Lankov

-- All but a tiny fraction of the information available to the average North Korean has been provided by some government agency. This monopoly is not challenged by any alternative source, either internal (for example, legal or illegal press) or outside (the foreign broadcasting and print media). The DPRK is a unique example of an almost "hermetically" sealed society. Except for a small elite, North Koreans know of the world only what they are allowed to know by their government and all information is selected by the authorities according to very strict criteria.

-- Since the outside world is seen by North Korean authorities as a source of danger and ideological corruption, the utmost care is taken to seal all possible channels by which unauthorised data from the outside could otherwise filter into the North Korean information space. Controlling the "right" use of radio receivers is also an important task of the heads of the so-called "people's groups" (inminban) {*1}. According to some reports, the head of inminban can break into any house at any time (even in the dead of night) to check whether there is a non-registered receiver present.

-- In the DPRK, the circulation of any foreign newspapers and magazines is also strictly forbidden.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 18, 2003 15:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's plain to see that the sad soul who made that video is just angry over the fact about the gold medal olympic thing ?
(i wouldnt judge their whole nation based on 1 persons view of usa)
Ironically that type of stuff is actually broadcast across their NEWS networks. you wanna talk about manipulation and mind control, i have to say they are way more subject to it than even we here in USA are. (poor guys) i wonder why we dont make cartoons like that and broadcast them on our major news networks and the canadian ones too? how very shocking...
{i sometimes wonder if there is even really a border between US & CANADA}

Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 18, 2003 21:03     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Fucking USA" has got to be the best band name EVAR.
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted November 14, 2003 17:25     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Fucking USA

not quite fucking usa, in my opininon Fucking USA government...after all the guy didn't won the ellections.
This Irak shit is starting to disturbe almost everyone over here(last night GW Bush appeared on tv, i was at the bar in town, for my surprise everyone started saying beautiful things about the men...like mother fucker, son of a b****, all you want is their oil...) i wasnt expecting this at all, and my government(Portugal), has send people over there........

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan