my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Astronomy Domine   » Meshuggah show

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Meshuggah show
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 01, 2008 12:38     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
o. Meshuggah came, rawked and went

It was a descent crowd for a Sunday. The opening band (from Denmark) pretty much sucked like hell. When the singer asked if anyone heard any of their old shit, a guy replied: NO. It went downhill from there with some new songs that was the typical NU metal garbage with bad riffs and attempts to get away with some clean vocals. They were gone after 30 minutes.

Then Meshuggah came on, and i must say that i have never seen such a perfect and tight performance before.
Fredrik, Mårten and Dick headbanged their necks off almost every song except Bleed, where they we're totally focused on the crazy speedpicking.

Here's my new favorite live band, and i will certainly go see them play next time they are around

Setlist:

1. perpetual black second
2. bleed
3. stengah
4. Electric red
5. Suffer in truth
6. Rational gaze
7. the mouth licking what you've bled
8. pravus
9. straws pulled at random
10. Future breed machine

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted July 13, 2010 21:54     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn! they have never have came to Mexico. Definetly one of my favourite band. The best albums for me are: Destroy-Erase-Improve, Catch thirtythree and Rare Trax (this last one is my favourite, but I know they don't play any of those songs...)

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 17, 2010 07:10     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must say that Nothing (the remaster) is my fave album. Catch33, I and Obzen are great albums too of course. I like their 7/8 string sound, so mostly the 2000 stuff for me.

Rumours are that Fredrik Thordendal is working on a new Special Defects thing. Can't wait for that one.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted July 29, 2010 00:58     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
woooa! good news to me. anything made by fredrik means gold

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan