my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Astronomy Domine   » Getting into Anathema...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting into Anathema...
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 03, 2006 17:16     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Strangely, I found myself enjoying their latest effort (two new free tunes at their site http://www.anathema.ws/ ) very much. They've always been one of the bands I've meant to check out properly, but the one or two occassional tracks I've heard from them in a few year's time did nothing special to me, so I forgot about Anathema. However, the new shit sunk into my brain like a hot knife in a lump of butter...and they're coming to my hometown after Christmas. Excellent.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 03, 2006 23:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting to read this since I am watching the Anathema dvd right now. I have a lot of their cds... I think everything they have done since dropping the death metal cookie monster vocals (and maybe I even have one or 2 of those). Very interesting band. Some of their tunes need to soak in before you can get into them. A FINE DAY TO EXIT is a great place to start.

If youj are into them check out ANTIMATTER, which is comprised of members from Anathema but with a different feel. I love their first release "Savior" which has female vocals that are nothing short of inspiring, beutiful, haunting, emotional, heavy...

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 09, 2006 12:33     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny that you should recommend "A fine day to exit", I picked it up two years ago at a local shop for 3€. I listened it through a couple of times back then, but left it sitting in my shelf after that. I guess I'll have to re-evaluate it now. Thanks for introducing Antimatter, have to check them out!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan