my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Astronomy Domine   » AGALLOCH

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AGALLOCH
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 28, 2006 08:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Contender for album of the year!
http://www.myspace.com/agalloch

The End Records has set an August 8, 2006 release date for AGALLOCH's new album, entitled Ashes against the Grain.

"There will not be a digipack edition," the band write in a statement. "However, there will be a special edition made. More information on that will unfold in the coming months. The band will be extremely busy this summer with various projects to promote the new album including a record-release show in Portland, as well as other performances. More detailed news will be posted as it comes."

Ashes against the Grain track listing:

01. Limbs
02. Falling Snow
03. This White Mountain On Which You Will Die
04. Fire Above, Ice Below
05. Not Unlike The Waves
06. Our Fortress Is Burning... I
07. Our Fortress Is Burning... II - Bloodbirds
08. Our Fortress Is Burning... III - The Grain

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 28, 2006 12:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
-nice to see a Körgull sticker there on his guitar-

The track they have on the Alternate Endings is quite good even though I first disliked it for the grim and bloodthirsty BM vocals. I might have to have a listen to the album.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 28, 2006 13:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinenz:
-nice to see a Körgull sticker there on his guitar-

The track they have on the Alternate Endings is quite good even though I first disliked it for the grim and bloodthirsty BM vocals. I might have to have a listen to the album.

On that Myspace page listen to the track 'Kneel to the Cross'. One of my all time favorite metal songs. On a lot of his songs he goes between BM vocs and clean. It really works well and sounds natural unlike a lot of groups who try to do this.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 10, 2006 21:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agalloch has filmed a video for the song Not Unlike The Waves with director Nicole Phillips and cinematographers Richard Stark and Juan Mosqueda. It is currently in the editing process. Over nine hours of footage was shot in three days and the results are quite stunning thus far. To film aficionados, the style of the video will call to mind the work of Ingmar Bergman, Mario Bava, and the German Expressionist movement.

They've got a new website FINALLY!!!!
www.agalloch.org

One of the most intelligently laid out websites I've ever seen.

Man, if I had the money I'd be flying out for their record release record party in Portland in July...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 28, 2006 09:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mantle is so godly...!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan