my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Astronomy Domine   » New Discoveries

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Discoveries
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 19, 2005 14:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kayo Dot: Excellent doom, featuring woodwinds, brass...and pure craziness. On Zorn's label.

KAYO

Natsat: From France, Sleepytime Gorilla fans should like these guys. A Crimson rock vibe but quite a bit more strange with nice horn work.

NATSAT

CHECK'EM OUT!!!

|  IP: Logged
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 21, 2005 17:59     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Continuo Renacer from Spain:

www.continuorenacer.com

For Cynic fans out there

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 21, 2005 20:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, every time I think I've found the hippest most obscure group...along comes Neutrino to blow me out of the water with a find ten times more brilliant!!!

I'm loving this completely..Yeah, sure, Cynic comparisons can be made but its beautiful in its own right...especially at the 4 minute mark. Holy cow, i just about fell out of my chair. The bass player is absolutely phenomenal..and not just the technique but more importantly in the creative sense. Wow!!! I can't wait to hear more!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 08, 2005 02:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice progdeath band called FROZEN. Just found them in the latest issue of MM. Really dig the keyboards:

FROZEN

Hex, I failed to see what was so great about Gorod.

timehat
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 599

posted August 11, 2005 17:37     Profile for timehat   Email timehat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The band is nothing new, but have you guys ever heard of Thought Industry? They started out as this amazing, quirky progressive metal band and over time developed into something of an alternative/pop-rock type band. I know this probably sounds pretty lame, but in my opinion their pop is pop done correctly.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 12, 2005 07:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THOUGH INDUSTRY... there's a name I haven't heard in many many years. I didn't know they were still around. I have a couple of their early releases but they were just all over the place on a lot of their songs... but this new description sound interesting.
I'll have to look in to this, thanks.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2005 11:13     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go to the listen page. I couldn't get the mp3 from the new album to work but try the song "alcoholahaust". Intriguing stuff.

ARCTOPUS

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan