my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Warriors Of Ice   » Free SOUND of the BEAST Chapter Download

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free SOUND of the BEAST Chapter Download
Ian-Christe
VoivodFan
Member # 184

posted May 07, 2004 23:08     Profile for Ian-Christe   Email Ian-Christe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, you can now officially download a FREE sample chapter of my book SOUND of the BEAST: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal through the link HERE: http://www.soundofthebeast.com/news.html

This is the new chapter exclusive to the paperback, with loads of new material on metalcore, power metal, and metal in the Muslim world -- including topical bits on America's use of heavy metal in prisoner torture. No kidding.

At the site, you can buy a special signed copy with limited edition 1" metal button -- plus check out new photos, chapter summaries, and mp3 sounds. If you bought the sold-out hardcover edition, this is all-new material, so grab the file, print it, and pass it around to the uninitiated. Support metal literacy now!~

http://www.soundofthebeast.com/

Listen to the heavy readers:

"The best, most knowledgeable and all-encompassing book you're likely to find." -- KNAC.com

"The first book to chart the vector of not just metal's origins, but the myriad mutations through which it continues to infect the planet. Your children will not be spared." -- LA Weekly, Best of 2003

"If you're into any form of metal whatsoever, Christe's bible is required reading on all fronts" -- BW&BK

"A damn good job." -- Revolver

"Renewed my faith." -- Metal Maniacs

"At the end of the day, SOUND of the BEAST stands, banging head and denim-bedecked shoulders, above anything of its ilk." -- Infernal Combustion

"The content, frankly, is top-notch." -- DigitalMetal

"Few books on heavy metal music can compare." -- Publishers Weekly

"Christe might as well drop the 'e' from his name, because he has just written the gospel of heavy metal." -- Library Journal

BEAST WISHES...

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 15, 2004 12:06     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You really the Author?

--------------------

Ian-Christe
VoivodFan
Member # 184

posted May 19, 2004 00:36     Profile for Ian-Christe   Email Ian-Christe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ne0rC:
You really the Author?

Put yer eyes back in yer noggin -- where else am I going to find Piggy's 4-track demos but here?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 28, 2004 19:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Mr. Christe!
In an effort to support Metal Literacy, I will purchase a copy of your book for myself. I have a question...where in New Mexico did you live? By the way, my sister has a hardback copy of your book and I LOVE IT!!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 01, 2004 17:03     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks interesting. I might buy.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 05, 2004 12:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heimdell...oops, did I spell that right?
Do buy. Christe's (sp.?) book is well-written, informative and just plain enjoyable reading. Especially if you are a metal head. Also plenty of good photos of Voivod. I hope there's a Vol. 2 in the works, with focus not on Metallica but say, I don't know...some creepy death metal!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted October 15, 2006 15:21     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the free chapter. I bought the HC when it came out and didn't feel like paying more $ for an extra chapter, so I hadn't read it until right now.

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

Ian-Christe
VoivodFan
Member # 184

posted October 15, 2006 22:43     Profile for Ian-Christe   Email Ian-Christe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No problem, I didn't feel like making you pay twice for it, either. Thanks for taking the time.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 30, 2006 15:07     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian-Christe:
No problem, I didn't feel like making you pay twice for it, either. Thanks for taking the time.

Waah, dude, I saw you on tv the other day! That was cool! It was in "Heavy - the Story of Metal".

Ian-Christe
VoivodFan
Member # 184

posted October 30, 2006 15:18     Profile for Ian-Christe   Email Ian-Christe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! Affirmative action for Voivod fans, there has to be one on TV every 100 years or so...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan