my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Warriors Of Ice   » Voivod in SOUND of the BEAST paperback

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod in SOUND of the BEAST paperback
Ian-Christe
VoivodFan
Member # 184

posted February 20, 2004 15:41     Profile for Ian-Christe   Email Ian-Christe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, this is my selfishly selfless stab at making sure every Voivod fan has a copy of SOUND of the BEAST: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal. Contains exclusive Voivod photos and interviews from the Killing Technology / Dimension Hatross / Nothingface era! Read on:

Now Revised/Expanded w/ Muslims, power metal & metalcore!

Touted in hardcover as "the gospel of heavy metal," Ian Christe's SOUND of the BEAST: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal returns in revised and expanded paperback with a global overview of heavy metal developments in Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, Malaysia, Israel, and Iraq. As the world of the 2000s turns toward strife and conflict, heavy metal emerges as a voice of dissent in the Middle East and elsewhere. When Egyptians teens are rousted in midnight raids and Moroccan musicians jailed for writing English lyrics, Iraqi youth defy authorities by staging their first public concerts in over a decade. Meanwhile, in America, the recorded sales of heavy metal jump to 36.2 million units in the first half of 2003, as the threads of metal history continue to energetically evolve.

GET ONE HERE FROM AMAZON.COM

Support heavy metal literacy: Call your local libraries and bookstores to demand SOUND of the BEAST on a shelf near you! Available for US$13.95 wherever books are sold. (Ask for HarperCollins ISBN 0-380-81127-8)

2003 Year-End Laurels:

"The first book to chart the vector of not just metal's origins, but the myriad mutations through which it continues to infect the planet. Your children will not be spared." -- Greg Burk, LA Weekly, Best of 2003

"Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne get their due in this 'Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal,' which takes its often absurd subjects just seriously enough." -- Larry Katz, Boston Herald, Books of 2003

"Rekindled my faith in true metal love..." -- Liz Ciavarella, Metal Maniacs, Best of 2003

"There are tons of music books, and more than a few about metal. Why this one? Ian Christe can write, so he can convey what the rise of Black Sabbath and Metallica felt like, not just what it means." -- CMJ, Best of 2003

I just got back from Montreal, and there was one copy left at the Chapters on Rue Ste. Catherine. Read and bleed!

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan