my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » World Painted Blood

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: World Painted Blood
warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted August 25, 2009 08:24     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the wait is killing me !!!

here is a review- http://music.msn.com/superfans/heavy-metal/blog/slayer-s-world-painted-blood-track-by-track-review/

|  IP: Logged
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted September 02, 2009 00:21     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm pretty jacked to hear this all at once - I've been very disappointed with most Slayer albums that followed Reign In Blood, enjoying only a spare song here and there (a few, admittedly, on God H.U.A.), and getting rather disgusted with their nu-metal riffing and "grooves" and other stuff that makes me sick. This has some promise of being a Thrash album, end to end. Let's hope!

Thrash or silence,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 25, 2009 11:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm about as excited for this as I am about undoing a paper jam in the office copier.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 28, 2009 22:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I'm about as excited for this as I am about undoing the shit jam I made in the office toilet yesterday.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 29, 2009 08:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha......that's an even better analogy!
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted October 01, 2009 18:22     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reign in blood is not only their best, it is arguably one of the finest moments in metal history. However, you can't fault south of heaven either, it has a peerless sound and great songs - love the title track, behind the crooked cross, mandatory suicide (classic!) spill the blood is one of the most sinister songs they have ever written...the perfect antithesis to RiB.

While Seasons is weaker, it still has killer tracks...Seasons, war ensemble, dead skin mask, spirit in black. But it has to be said songs like blood red and temptation are a tad weak (imo).

Divine Intervention is killer for the first five tracks then it just runs out of steam and so, it seems, do slayer...

After that I must admit their output really disappoints me. Diabolus is terrible, undisputed attitude is little more than filler and god hates us all is pretty gash too. Christ illusion is better though but I still think it ranks below divine intervention.

I must admit I am looking forward to World Painted Blood. It's on order (on vinyl of course!)

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 01, 2009 19:04     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
[QB] god hates us all is pretty gash too.[QB]

Hey, some of us like gash.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 26, 2009 15:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened to it twice so far. Gonna listen for a third time in a few. I quite like this... it's both a little more epic and memorable somewhat this time around. Tom is more controlled vocally, too. But they still rip themselves off the whole time... it's kinda weird when you could still go "I... deal-in-PAIN! All... life-I-drain!" on a new riff... (beauty through order)

Sacrifice's new one "The Ones I Condemn" is way better than this.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 27, 2009 18:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very true sir.

Sacrifice is excellent btw...thanks for turning me on to them.

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted November 03, 2009 09:14     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like all the fast songs, but think I like Christ Illusion a little better. I don't like what they did with the guitar sound this time. Sounds choked on most of the songs.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 05, 2009 15:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Hey, some of us like gash.

All the best,
PAULIE

Curse of the Gash!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan