my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » WEHRMACHT Is Back! - Dec. 9, 2008

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WEHRMACHT Is Back! - Dec. 9, 2008
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 11, 2008 16:02     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WEHRMACHT Is Back! - Dec. 9, 2008

Reactivated late 1980s Portland, Oregon-based thrash metal/hardcore band WEHRMACHT has issued the following update:

"For the last two months, Marco Zorich [guitar], Shann Mortimer [bass], Tito 'Mezzy' Matos [vocals], Brian Lehfeldt [drums] and myself, John Duffy [guitar], have begun rehearsing all the old WEHRMACHT material and are booking shows for the beginning of the year. Yes, it's actually all five original members. Unbelievable!!! I honestly have to say that we sound even heavier and just as fast as in the old days and the material is coming along well. We haven't played together since '91, so it was a little rusty at first.

"The set list as of today is:

* Balance of Opinion
* Night of Pain
* Radical Neck Dissection
* Beirmacht
* Drink Beer, Be Free
* Gore Flix
* You Broke my Heart...
* Shark Attack
* BOS
* United Shoe Bros.
* Napalm Shower
* The Wehrmacht
* Suck My Dick
* Muncheez
* Fast as a Sharko (ACCEPT cover)

"We are all very excited and there is a definate brotherhood experience between all of us."

In the mid-'80s when most west coast metal bands in America were copying either METALLICA or MÖTLEY CRÜE, WEHRMACHT had a different approach which set them apart! By 1986 the band's self-distributed demo cassette and an appearance on the "Speed Metal Hell" compilation series had gained the group considerable acclaim in the metal underground. Music publications such as England's Metal Forces and the Netherlands' Aardschok were among many to praise WEHRMACHT's original sound.

In 1987, New Renaissance Records released WEHRMACHT's debut album entitled "Shark Attack". Although "Shark Attack" was well received by the metal underground, until 1999, it was never available in America on compact disc.

After "Shark Attack", the band set out to record their second album. That album, "Biermacht", was released in spring of 1988 on CD, LP, and cassette. Despite substantial pre-orders for "Biermacht", many record shops and distributors returned the products to the record company after discovering a song entitled "Suck My Dick" was listed on the album's cover. Many distributors also complained about the cover artwork.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan