my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » Death Angel US Tour

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death Angel US Tour
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 24, 2008 17:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After the Wacken debacle, this is good news:

San Francisco Bay Area metal veterans, DEATH ANGEL, are pleased to announce their first full US tour since their initial split 18 years ago! The band will embark on a co-headlining tour this May/June with GOD FORBID that will include SOILENT GREEN and LIGHT THIS CITY. Dubbed the “In Thrash We Trust” tour, this will mark the bands first tour in support of their critically acclaimed “Killing Season” record. A visibly excited founding guitarist, Rob Cavestany, eagerly offered a few words about the event:

“DEATH ANGEL is teaming up with GOD FORBID to hit the road and we couldn’t be more stoked! ‘In Thrash We Trust’ will be the first full blown tour of the states that DEATH ANGEL has done since the ‘ACT III tour’ in 1990 and we are gonna bring it! Also on the bill are SOILENT GREEN and LIGHT THIS CITY so you better prepare to get thrashed all night long! Can’t wait to see you all very soon! ‘Killing Season’ has begun!!!”

Confirmed Dates:

5/01-Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop w/ TESTAMENT

5/02-Cleveland, OH @ Peabody’s w/ TESTAMENT

5/03-Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock

5/04-Long Island, NY @ Crazy Donkey

5/07-Baltimore, MD @ Sonar

5/08-Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

5/09-Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11

5/10-Virginia Beach, VA @ Steppin Out

5/13-Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade

5/14-Seminole, FL @ Boomerz

5/16-Houston, TX @ TBA

5/17-Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theatre

5/18-San Antonio, TX @ Rock Bottom

5/19-El Paso, TX @ Chic’s

5/21-Farmington, NM @ Gator’s

5/23-Las Vegas, NV @ Jillian’s

5/24-Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues

5/25-San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s

5/26-Bakersfield, CA @ The Dome

5/27-Modesto, CA @ Fat Cats

5/28-Sacramento, CA @ The Boardwalk

5/30-Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre

5/31-Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven

6/02-Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre

6/05-Columbus, OH @ Alrosa Villa

6/06-Mokena (Chicago), IL @ The Pearl Room

6/07-Detroit, MI @ Harpo’s

6/08-Toronto, ON @ Opera House

6/11-New York, NY @ BB Kings

DEATH ANGEL recently filmed a video for the track “Dethroned” with director Robert Sexton (THE DWARVES, AMEN, MONDO GENERATOR) in Santa Paula, California. Check out photos from the video shoot at this location.

Released on February 26, 2008 via Nuclear Blast Records, “Killing Season” sold approximately 2,300 copies in the United States in its first week of release according to Nielsen SoundScan.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 24, 2008 17:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha...Farmington, here I come!!!

This should be as good as seeing Exodus in Gallup, NM...fuckin' thrash!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 26, 2008 19:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll be hitting Baltimore instead of Springfield VA. Either way, I'll be at one of them to thrash my ass off.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 03, 2008 01:39     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice, I'm looking forward to see them next saturday at Dynamo.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 08, 2008 05:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The gig at Dynamo was great. A lot of energy on and in front of the stage They played a lot of new stuff, but also the classic songs. The venue was sold out btw

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 08, 2008 20:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice to hear they sold out the venue. Every DA song is a classic tune in my ears. Can't wait thrash out on May 7th

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 23, 2008 19:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Death Angel (Ted, Dennis y The Man-ROB!)
Gator's Bar & Grill
Farmington, NM!

Killer show! Do not miss them this time round. Too bad Dog Forbid are headlining. Also, too bad if you missed The Art of Dying tour since they play only Thrown to the Wolves this time out. Lots of new tunes in there (Mez-they play Sonic Beatdown-haha). And Seemingly Endless Time was fuckin' rad!!! I heart Death Angel.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 24, 2008 20:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great photo Luna....they played 'Sonic' in ATL too. Unforuntately I got there late and missed the first 2-3 songs.....what a tight band...awesome experience.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 09, 2008 15:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pic Luna! (envy envy) I'll die if they don't come here soon...so far they seem to be booked only for the summer festivals in central u-rop. A headlining tour in the northern parts would be greatly appreciated. The new album is very very good, definitely better than the last one even though that was not bad at all either!

Speaking of new albums from the best bands of the old days, the new Testament is probably their best so far. I saw them live last Friday here in Tampere and I'm still sporting a healthy hard-on. Chuck looked really happy and healthy, I think he has lost about half of the fat he had on him since I last saw him in 2000, and the whole band seemed to have the time of their lives on stage. Lots of smiles and super tight playing.

Thraaaaaaashhhhhh!! \m/

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 10, 2008 10:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:

I'm still sporting a healthy hard-on.
\m/

Oh really!!
;
;
;
Testament are playing that same bar in Farmington the night before the big gig w/Priest, Heaven & Hell and Motorhead in the Albuquerque. Not sure I'm willing to make that 4 hour drive again. Especially not by myself again.

So yeah. Drove into the parking lot of Gator's Bar & Grill and Lo and Behold! The Death Angel lads were hanging about their bus. The wind was shitty that day. I mean wicked bad. Was glad to finally settle in at the bar with my Pabst-on-tap. Good times.

Me & that Singer Guy:

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted September 10, 2008 12:54     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awww, the happy couple!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan