my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » Deathrow Re-Released

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deathrow Re-Released
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 31, 2008 16:06     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.displeasedrecords.com/

Deathrow, one of the finest and possibly most overlooked exponents of pedal to the metal thrash, have their first two albums, Satans Gift/Riders of Doom and Raging Steel, re-released on CD. These two albums were only released on LP and cassette at the time so for all you retro thrashers who missed out the first time around, get your heads around two absolutely immense albums from 1986 and 1987. Even now they kick serious ass and I still enjoy listening to Riders of Doom. The instrumental, Hell's Ascent, is an amazing blast of high energy playing that still holds its own today.

Riders Of Doom was initially called Satan's gift and originally it was released under the band name of Samhain but the band soon changed their name to Deathrow and re-titled the album Riders Of Doom. This CD will also carry their demo which they recorded as Samhain. I have never heard this so it will be of real interest to hear how they originally sounded.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan