my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » The new wave of (retro?) THRASH bands

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The new wave of (retro?) THRASH bands
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted November 19, 2007 22:43     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thoughts? Bands like Municipal Waste, Evile, SSS, Dekapitator, etc... I like some of what I've heard from some of them, but for many, the recordings are too clean and lack the BASH FACTOR of much of the 80's thrash. I *want* to like it but it comes off as a bit insincere. I love Nunslaughter (who've been around forever), they definitely keep it old-school in regards to production, and RABID is damn good too, and I think all bands should sound like SABBAT (the Japanese one that is) who are still going after all these years... Heard any new thrash lately that's worth looking up? Links please!

Power Thrashing Death!
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 19, 2007 23:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, good topic Paulie: 'Thrash Rehash'. I like Municipal Waste's new one but you know listening to it I just keep thinking DRI DRI DRI....To me its hard to get excited about bands that are doing what's been done before (and in many cases done better like you say).
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted November 27, 2007 21:38     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heard that recent push-track from Municipal Waste today, "The Art Of Partying" - And you hit the nail on the head, it's that bad crossover style. Some of the fast bits are great, but they never keep up the pace, why don't they just do it fast from end to end??? But no, they always have to break it down to a cliche'd "mosh part," yawn... I think Nuclear Assault was probably the only band that had some crossover sound but really did the thrash parts well, as in a "true" thrash sound, not just speed metal with mosh parts.

Old and cranky,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan