my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » Blessed Death - 3rd album released

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blessed Death - 3rd album released
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 24, 2007 21:32     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Recorded in 1991 but not released until the very end of 2006, this is more than worth its weight in gold. BLAZING old-school thrash by one of the only bands to truly get it right.
www.BlessedDeath.com for details. Buy it and bleed.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 26, 2007 22:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is this? Slayer?

Good stuff Paulie..but does that guy sound like Araya or what?

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 05, 2007 22:35     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
does that guy sound like Araya or what?

lol Maybe a little, he does have that air-raid-siren bit down pat, but 1) Araya hasn't done that in years, and 2) Araya doesn't have the forceful growl that Larry does, not even close. Araya went to more of a hardcore-style yelling, and Blessed Death didn't have much of that overall. Blessed Death formed in '85, and I'm sure Slayer was an early influence, sure - As a matter of fact, they played w Voivod before and listed them as an early influence as well! Anyone who loves HELL AWAITS and RRROOOAAARRR would love this in that same way, I'm sure.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 29, 2007 21:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got my hands on it. It's excellent! They dont make 'em good like that anymore... it's certainly refreshing.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan