my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » BEER METAL

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BEER METAL
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 02, 2005 21:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally, thanks to Vroom, I've found a metal genre I can relate to:

TANKARD

These guys rule. Like a fun version of Exodus.

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 04, 2005 11:45     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
best beer CD of all time is by FEAR.

Agreed. Lee Ving's passion for suds brings makes me all weepy inside.

From More Beer:
And when I wake up in the morning
My mouth's all parched and dry, parched and dry
And I crawl to the refrigerator
And I peek inside
And I feel like somebody drove nails
Into my head and eyes
And I'm hoping and I'm praying
I hope there's one more beer

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted October 06, 2005 21:15     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wehrmacht, Biermächt, Divine Intervention
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted October 10, 2005 12:09     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Finally, thanks to Vroom, I've found a metal genre I can relate to:

TANKARD

These guys rule. Like a fun version of Exodus.

They were here last month:
The vocalist stopped the show 3 times to drink/shout/scream among the crowd.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted November 19, 2005 02:40     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey don't forget Tom Angelripper the king of beer metal in my opinion. Ein schöner Tag... is the ultimate classic of the genre .... drink ... drank ... drunk....

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et ā l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted November 22, 2005 17:29     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:

Whermatcht (sp?) is also a good beer band.
I think on CD one cover (beermatcht (agian sp?)) they are all drunk and one dude has a shirt that says 'sleep rules'.[/QB]

That had a side project called Spastic Blurr as well. Didn't they have a guy puking on the record?
I also knew a kid (JIM) from Bergenfield NJ who was a United Shoe Brother. That was they drank beer out of the same disgusting sneaker. No wonder that guy was heaving gut.

We didn't get along because I beat him to the punch on a Sodom picture disc, "Expulse of Sodomy" of which I still am a proud owner of.

I think I have that record, (beermacht) as well.

For what its worth.....

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 10, 2006 12:00     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beerzone, best CD is probably "Strangle all the boy bands" but it's all good british street punk. http://www.beerzone.net/news/ I know these guys personally and if you want good "beer" punk/ metal, these guys have toured with the likes of dropkicks and murphy's law. Check out "Drinking Legend" a tribute to the late British Actor "Ollie Reed"

--------------------

Good lord ! How long ago was that???

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 30, 2006 16:15     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a more Folk Metal approach to beer metal, check out Korpiklaani. Songs Like Beer, Beer and of course Happy Little Boozer are fucking awesome.
http://www.korpiklaani.com/

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan