my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » SLAYER Still Reigning dvd

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SLAYER Still Reigning dvd
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 02, 2004 21:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh my fuckin' god, this thing is incredible!!!
I HOOKED UP MY 7.1 SURROUND SYSTEM AND THIS DVD IS DEVASTAING THE SPEAKERS!!!

Lombardo's bass is thundering thru the sub woofer and shaking the room... I'm in HELL!!!!

I though this was going to be old footage from the original Reign In Blood tour but it's from the last tour they did. The sound and video are amazing!!! I'm only on PIECE BY PIECE but had to post something to tell you all to go buy this dvd... you will not regret it. The y play the complete RIB album + 6 other tunes.

bye

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 02, 2004 23:29     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yippie yahoo! I don't have 7.1 surround sound, but I do have a bunch of cheap speakers that I can hook up together, ghetto style! I'll go look for it tomorrow in a world that is hopefully free of Bush!
Ooops, that comment should be in the TM section.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 04, 2004 00:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanna get this! I was fortunate enough to see this tour, as well as the original RIB tour, live and both memories are mighty pleasant. Thanks for the tip Schroeder!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 06, 2004 16:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
That comment is gleefully being shoved up my poor brown ass right about now!

Oh, and live Slayer DVD's rule...

Sorry....not to change this wonderful topic but I'm still reeling from the above phrase "gleefully being shoved up my poor brown ass" please explain more Luna.....brother slug, please ignore..

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 06, 2004 17:30     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Lombardo's bass is thundering thru the sub woofer and shaking the room...

Lombardo's drums. Araya's bass.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 07, 2004 02:06     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heimdall:
Araya's bass

Yeah, there was "TON'S OF BASS" on RIB, wasn't there?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted November 07, 2004 14:26     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heheheheh legion, you're a clever one.

I like it when the bass goes
-------------------------
0-----0-----0-----0-----0
however.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted November 10, 2004 18:24     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck, that's good! Thanks for the links to the clips, 'Corpse, this one went straight on the ol' "guilt trip family because it's almost my 18th" list.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 11, 2004 22:19     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I didn't know Dave Lombardo once played drums with Apocalyptica.

Have you checked out the latest "Fantomas" disc?

Pretty f'n scary!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 11, 2004 22:29     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I finally got the "Still Reigning" disc yesterday...it's pretty raw and in your face! It's like they filmed for one show with just one thing in mind: "whatever happens will happen, mistakes and all!"

**I like how Jeff totally missed all of the blood from the machine, while everyone else was completely covered, especially Tom!**

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 11, 2004 23:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tom looked like he went swimming in it the way he was covered!!! I'm surprised their instruments didn't get fucked up with all that goop covering it. AWESOME EFFECT!!!!

--------------------

yawn

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 16, 2004 17:13     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you listen to the drums in the video half the cymbals stop working cos of the red rain.

But what a performance. Got to say it but Slayer seem to get better live every year. I saw them in '92, post Lombardo and thought that they were great. Saw them again a couple of years ago and they killed, but this...they just seem to be even better again. Now if only they could write a decent stuido album...Maybe with Dave pounding the skins again we might get a treat next time around. Paul Bostaph was good, but Dave Lombardo is something special.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2004 20:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lombardo is definitley a GOD behind the kit, and well versed in more than just thrash, and that's what makes him incredible.
I sure hope he's part of the next Slayer studio album. He's been great and added a lot to every band he's sat with.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 10, 2004 00:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT DVD.

I am seeing Slayer tomorrow night, more than likely gonna meet them too...I am so fucking psyched about this!!

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted December 10, 2004 00:43     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool. wish they would swing by NM. bang your head for all of us who can't be there!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 10, 2004 01:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They aren't hitting NM? That is weird...

Hey thanks Slug! My girlfriend is jaded because Kerry is her friend but I am freaking out because I have never met any of them and Slayer is one of my top 3 favorite bands since I was fucking 12

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 10, 2004 12:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:

Slayer is one of my top 3 favorite bands since I was fucking 12

12 x 3=36
12-3=9
12 + 3=15
hmmmm...let's see. Take the 6 from 36, turn the 9 upside down, you get another 6....1 + 5=6....Wow! You are satan, nuclear infusion.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 10, 2004 21:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
War at the Warfield and the deluxe Slayer Apocalypse box set will be under my Christm... um Holiday tree this year.

Grab the pole Warcorpse... it's FESTUVUS for the rest of us!!!
That reminds me, I still haven't poped in the dvd from the ammo box set!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 13, 2004 13:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really liked the show. Performance was crushing. But was I the only one who thought Kerry came off as a macho idiot during the "Slayer speaks" section.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 16, 2004 00:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
isn't that the way Kerry has ALWAYS come off?

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 16, 2004 10:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KFK Industries

Kerry at his I love myself best.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 17, 2004 17:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This was the best birthday present of the lot. I don't think Slayer can ever really fail to blow me away live, but that was somehting special.

Only complaint - no Chemical Warfare as an extra track, but that's a tiny little thing.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 18, 2004 10:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ended up seeing Slayer live twice last week. The first show was badass but the sound at the venue is horrendous (The Premier in Seattle)...Two days later I saw them in Portland, OR and it was ALOT better soundwise, plus I got to meet Kerry King, Brann Dailor and Brent from Mastodon (superFUCKING COOL dudes).

***Dave Lombardo said there is a new FANTOMAS record already done, they did it when they did the last one, and they are gonna release it early next year and tour!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 19, 2004 06:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
12 x 3=36
12-3=9
12 + 3=15
hmmmm...let's see. Take the 6 from 36, turn the 9 upside down, you get another 6....1 + 5=6....Wow! You are satan, nuclear infusion.

--------------------

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted December 20, 2004 08:16     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:

***Dave Lombardo said there is a new FANTOMAS record already done, they did it when they did the last one, and they are gonna release it early next year and tour!!

Yeah this is a great news (even if not really new as they already explain that before the release of "Delirium cordia")
Anyway I'm impatient to have it !!

Concerning the SLAYER DVD I ask myself if someone can make a better fucking thrash Metal DVD :!!!!!!
(Maybe VOIVOD

--------------------

My sky is black today

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan