my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » New Megadeth

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Megadeth
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 10, 2004 11:17     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth were largely irrelevant after 1991, and barely relevant before that, IMO. But they had a couple of very accomplished releases, before the radio-friendly rot set in. Anyway, there's a new album coming out, and a track (Kick the Chair) has been posted on the frontpage of their website.

I like it. It has a *distinct* Rust in Peace flavour, with some small modern influence (in that it has nu-metal esque moments), nice thrashy riffs and a Chris Poland solo! He's sticking to his lower-range vocals as well, apparently, which is a good thing. Less whiny. Also, sounds both tight, and focussed, unlike St. Angernesstitudinalosity. Anyway, have a hear yourself.
www.megadeth.com

Hell, at least they aren't playing lackadaisical radio-rock anymore!

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 12, 2004 17:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What, Megadeth's back? I thought Dave was just going to record a solo album, and the other guys playing on the "World needs a hero" (not Dave E though) were really downset because they'd thought things were looking bright for them before Dave had a new date with the needle...and after the incident Dave told them that Megadeth was at its end? Well, the Killing Road drew him back I guess...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 20, 2004 16:49     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone knows when they will be releasing the remasters of the older albums?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 21, 2004 16:47     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They apparently pulled it pretty quickly, I'm afraid. Bastards. Especially because the "Blackmail..." clip A. sounds pretty boring and B. has Dave babbling over it.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 23, 2004 21:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always like Megadeth (except RISK) and always thought Mustaine and company were better than his ex-Metallica mates. Better musicians, better music, better lyrics (except for what he penned while in Metallica... that was the only thing that compared).

Anyway, KICK THE CHAIR rawked, and I dig the music of Blackmail, classic megadave jams. Glad to hea rhim again even if it is a completely new band, it still sounds like Megadeth to me. Hell it would be Megadeth without a revolving lineup!!!

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 12, 2004 00:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have ya'll been folowing these weekly mp3 postings at Megadeth's site? I just downloaded the remix of "Black Friday" and holy fuck it sounds damn good!!! Last week I checked out "Set the World A Fire" and it sounds amazing as well.

I stopped following Megadeth after "So Far So Good..." But these and a little reading about the new album got me interested in Megadeth again for the first time in a LONG time. Hmmm...

Go download that Good Mourning/Black Friday while it's up! I know I'll be buying these re-issues of "Peace Sells" and "So Far..." at least.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 16, 2004 10:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the remaster of the first album. Very well done and the sound is superb. Its also a good buy because Mustaine and Ellefson both describe what was going on during the early days and also tell us what each song means. Some very funny and interesting stories.

Hey, General....baby, have you forgotten about me????? I tried calling you two weeks ago. Was that the right number I left a message on??

THRASHING RAGE
VoivodFan
Member # 668

posted November 03, 2005 14:00     Profile for THRASHING RAGE   Email THRASHING RAGE     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit, this link must be old as hell. but, it was on the page so what the fuck!

i think blackmail has some of the best stuff they've had in a while. there's some shit i dont listen to on it, but then again, this some stuff that's just fuckin killer. it takes a few listenings too i think. it did for me anyways and it sounds like a lot of people feel the same way. like the first time i listened to it i pretty much hated it, but then yer ears kinda open up.
p.s.- dave's announced that [fer now anyways] he's scratched going solo and he's sticking with the megadeth name. RATTLE YER GOD DAMN HEADS!

--------------------

GO SHIT! IM NOT A FISH!

THRASHING RAGE
VoivodFan
Member # 668

posted November 04, 2005 09:56     Profile for THRASHING RAGE   Email THRASHING RAGE     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like that was the reason though. he said that if he had a solo career, he'd be able to do stuff that aint totaly megadeth.dont know if he woulda gone risk or what. i dont think so. he's seemed realy happy since system has failed came out. i just hope he stays that way cuase it shows. i totaly agree with ya though. megadeth has had some killer guys, but the megaman rules the day. he's the boot that is the ass kicking...that is HIS band.

--------------------

GO SHIT! IM NOT A FISH!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 05, 2005 08:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE.

He's shown that he can replace anyone and still be Megadeth, so basically it's always been a solo thing... no offense to all the incredible players who have graced the band.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan