my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » ALCHEMIST

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ALCHEMIST
DEEK
VoivodFan
Member # 431

posted May 05, 2004 17:24     Profile for DEEK   Email DEEK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who else likes these metal masters from downunder?

have some similarities to Voivod imo

--------------------

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

|  IP: Logged
DEEK
VoivodFan
Member # 431

posted May 08, 2004 17:26     Profile for DEEK   Email DEEK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
I love that band only have Organasm and Austral Alien...
similarities: this is "voivod" played bye those australians...very original...unique
My new fave band apart from Voivod

cool

--------------------

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 09, 2004 08:36     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Austral Alien" was one of my favourite albums from 2003. Very good and original stuff. Might check out their earlier releases one day.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

DEEK
VoivodFan
Member # 431

posted May 09, 2004 12:15     Profile for DEEK   Email DEEK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
"Austral Alien" was one of my favourite albums from 2003. Very good and original stuff. Might check out their earlier releases one day.

you NEED Organasm

--------------------

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 11, 2004 10:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First off let me say that I'm a big fan of this group. I absolutely loved Spiritech and Organasm. Great riffs with really amazingly dense arrangements.....metal with meaning to my ears.

But as for their latest....WTF? I don't hear any of this. And I've listened to it several times. Sounds like a bunch of b-sides from a GodSmack album. I can't figure out why they did this. And I seem to be the lone dissenter here. Does anybody else notice the banality of this album.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 11, 2004 16:18     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted May 11, 2004 18:56     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes to contradict, Organasm is better then the last one.
And Spiritech (still listening to it)found some tracks P2P, this is great.

The best alternative metal since Nothingface!

PS:Where can i get this cd? the original

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 16, 2004 10:46     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone can tell me where can i find "the preciouss"?

it's out of print!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 16, 2004 16:54     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With the exception of the latest two, it seems all Alchemist stuff is hard to find or just plain unavailable. I only managed to get a copy of Spiritech because a friend had it. All previous albums I haven't heard.

New new one's not so bad (certainly not Godsmack bad, lol), but I think Spiritech and Organasm are both better, so far... I really Need to listen to Austral Alien more, but it hasn't pulled me in like the other two so far.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 17, 2004 07:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhhh, the voice of reason finally. I've tried several times to appreciate Austral Alien but find it impossible. I'll tell you one band similar to Alchemist who I ran across recently: DISBELIEF. I've heard a couple off their latest and was blown away. Check them out! I don't know anything about them except that I believe they're with Nuclear Blast.
DEEK
VoivodFan
Member # 431

posted July 06, 2004 01:44     Profile for DEEK   Email DEEK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
Anyone can tell me where can i find "the preciouss"?

it's out of print!

it's not out of print, it, along with their first 2 albums and their EP, are only available in Australia. i was lucky to get Spiritech, as one kid i know there who i've been chatting with online for quite sometime was nice enough to buy it and send it to me.

--------------------

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

DEEK
VoivodFan
Member # 431

posted July 06, 2004 01:46     Profile for DEEK   Email DEEK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
btw, anyone who hasn't heard Jar of Kingdom or Lunasphere yet (their first 2 albums), they are both more death metal than Organasm and Spiritech. still technical, but not as spacey.

--------------------

*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 15, 2004 10:38     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard some tracks of Lunasphere and Jar of Kingdom...not bad, but it lacks the spacey felling of the last albums.

Got Spiritech finally it's very, very good

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan