my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » Nuclear Assault

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nuclear Assault
spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted January 18, 2003 12:59     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anyone has the opportunity to see Nuclear Assault on their current tour, you should check them out. I saw them a couple nights ago and they were fantastic.

They only played songs from "Game Over" to "Handle With Care" (i.e., no "Out of Order" or "Something Wicked" songs), which was cool. The highlights for me were probably "Brainwashed", "Wake Up", and of course "Hang The Pope"!

The band and crowd were both very enthusiastic throughout the entire show, which was great to see. I was certainly having a good time.

Erik Burke did a good job on guitar (Lethargy fans take note: Erik's new band Sulaco just signed to Relapse, who will be releasing Sulaco's excellent 4-track demo as an EP), despite having only played with the band a handful of times before. I asked John Connelly where they rehearse, since the band members don't live too close to one another (John is in NYC, Glenn Evans lives in Florida, while Erik & Dan Lilker both live here in Rochester). He laughed and said "Rehearse? What's that?". On stage, he said that he'd never met Erik until they were on their way to Erik's first show with the band (in Brazil!) and that Erik only had two weeks to learn the songs before that show.

All-in-all, I was really impressed by the show and I hope I can see them again sometime. They're writing new songs, so hopefully there will be a new N.A. studio album later this year.

- Dave

|  IP: Logged
spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted January 20, 2003 21:15     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, that was the show I saw (it was in Rochester). The weather being crazy lately, I'm not sure if I would've made the drive from Toronto either. Fortunately, the weather should be a little nicer by the time Voivod tours this year...I'll definitely be there if (when) they play Toronto....
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted January 22, 2003 13:27     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah man, I hope to check it out here in Seattle. Should be a fun show!
Thanks for the info.

St.

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted February 03, 2003 19:00     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i dont think sulaco got signed yet. the ep is getting put out on relapse but i dont think there is anything else relapse has planned for sulaco yet. i think they gotta play more shows and get more exposure before they actually get singed for good.
war4territory
VoivodFan
Member # 239

posted March 14, 2003 18:54     Profile for war4territory   Email war4territory     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw nuclear assault years ago; I thought they were only doing a uearopean reunion, Is john connelly still crazy on stage, they were one of the best bands to see live. Got another quarter?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan