my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » MegaThraxMaiden

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MegaThraxMaiden
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 28, 2002 09:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Former MEGADETH Bassist Joins Forces With Ex-ANTHRAX Guitarist, IRON MAIDEN Drummer In New Band - Dec. 27, 2002

Former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson has reportedly joined the new project formed by ex-ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz and IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain.

The as-yet-unnamed group, who are said to follow an "extremely heavy" musical direction, commenced the recording sessions for their debut album six months ago and have thus far completed the drums and guitars for the effort, with Ellefson set to record the bass tracks early next year. It is presently unclear who will handle the vocal duties in the band, which is not yet believed to have secured a record deal. No further information is available at this time.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 29, 2002 06:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So much for Dave E. joining Metallica!!!

I guess Spitz stopped selling watches and Nicko made time between going to church...either way it sounds interesting.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 29, 2002 16:59     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nicko is an awesome drummer and this should be interesting. I just hope it isn't some washed-up, re-hashed metal from the 80's shit!

Speaking of Maiden, I saw The Iron Maidens a few weeks ago and it was fuckin' hilarious! These girls were pretty cool, a bit sloppy on the solos, but entertaining all the same. My favorite was "Rhime of the Ancient Mariner" and they even had Eddie come out at the end! To funny, everyone pumping their fists and singing along.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted December 30, 2002 03:06     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Speaking of Maiden, I saw The Iron Maidens a few weeks ago and it was fuckin' hilarious!

Where did you see them at? A friend of mine saw them here in Seattle last week (I think?) with his wife's band "Helles Belles" (the all-girl ac/dc tribute band)

Anyway, he said the "Iron Maidens" were fantastic, and that they didn't play anything past "Powerslave", which I think is awesome! (I pretty much HATE any album after Powerslave myself!)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 30, 2002 16:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw them here in Portland (west coast) @ Dante's. I agree on the stuff after Powerslave....well, maybe I used to like Somewhere In Time, but it has been many years since I heard that one. The Helles Belles played here recently, but I didn't get a chance to see them.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan