my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Chaosmongers   » DRI

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DRI
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 01, 2004 15:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well although they are technically thrash, they are more punkish in roots.

Once heralded the fastest band on the planet.

I knew they were originally from Houston before they translocated to SF and lived out of a van between gigs.

What I did not know before I looked up their BIO lastnight in a drunken bore was the fact they are from my actual neighborhood, Spring Branch. Tripped me the fuck out, HAHA!

Anyways, all hail the Dirty Rotten fuckers...still pounding away to this day

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 08, 2004 02:46     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My friend is working the Accused and Circle Jerks show right now in Seattle

When and where is this show you speak of Cthon?

If it's Seattle, she didn't know DRI was gonna be with them, she is gonna flip out HAHA!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 12, 2004 13:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They INDEED rock!!

And NO they were not on that Accused/CJ bill for some reason

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 13, 2004 19:08     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DRI is in Tacoma right now and I was wrong about The Jerks being with the Accused, it was actually Zeke.

The Circle Jerks are playing with GBH on Sept 13 in Seattle, maybe that is when DRI will "surprise" people, because they are not on the bill.

--------------------

CitizenToxie
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 478

posted September 05, 2004 22:56     Profile for CitizenToxie   Email CitizenToxie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
D.R.I.. Their first album came out the same year as 'Kill 'Em All', and I'm sorry, but 'Dirty Rotten LP' shreds all over 'Kill'Em All'.

--------------------

Human beings are weak and chickenshit!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 20, 2004 20:15     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Felix Griffith played in the Texas band Bark Hard w/ my buddy Flynn Washburn. yes, you all care.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan