my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Chaosmongers   » angry samoans

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: angry samoans
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 22, 2002 09:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://store.artistdirect.com/store/artist/album/0,,44019,00.html

lately i'm on a AS kick, don't know why it's like they just seeped back into my consciousness again or something...

here's what Gregg Turner is up to these days - http://www.maniaman.com/about.html

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 22, 2002 21:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Angry Samoans rock! Man, I am lacking in these guy's catalog... Gonna go download some mp3s.

A funny sidenote...
I went to college at The College of Santa Fe, where Gregg Turner teaches math! As a film major, I never had to take any math classes, but I used to see Gregg around the science dept. when I was filling my science requirements. I always meant to, but never did get to corner him for AS stories... Oh well.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 08, 2002 19:34     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NoitAll: Milo did get his phd, but does not teach, he travels, working for DuPont or some other huge chemical company....although, the Descendents have just recorded a brand new album which is being mixed as we speak(alas, no tour). side note: Stephen(guitarist from Descendents/ALL) is a confirmed Vod-head who owns both TOL and NF. we were talking about the similarities between his and Piggys guitar styles and he calls Piggy "his metal brother"....haha. good stuff...
Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 10, 2002 19:30     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, its hard to imagine Fugazi and VV getting along philisophically anyway, but ill tell a buddy of mine who is a big fan of both to come check out this thread, haha. as for ALL, i was never a big fan of Smalley-era ALL as much as when Scott Reynolds(who now sings for the totally AWESOME Pavers) or Chad Price have been the singer. you should check out some of their work w/ ALL, as the music is much jazzier, and sometimes more metal with either of them at the helm vocally. the new ALL album itself would probably go down well w/ most VV fans,(well, one of the two new ones, not counting the new Descendents-prolific guys,huh?) as its to be an ALL-experimental, all-instrumental in the vein of Bill's work on "The Process of Weeding Out" by Black Flag, supposedly...and if you cant tell that ive been hanging out on ALL's message board for the last four years, well,.......haha.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan