my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Immolation - Majesty and Decay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Immolation - Majesty and Decay
warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted January 14, 2010 08:46     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Nkj6xeUEs

Veteran death metallers IMMOLATION have set Majesty & Decay as the title of their eighth album, due on March 9, 2010 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The Cd was recorded Millbrook Sound Studios in New York w/ longtime producer Paul Orofino. Mixing duties were handled by Zack Ohren, who has previously worked with DECREPIT BIRTH, SUFFOCATION and ALL SHALL PERISH, among others.

IMMOLATION's new album contains "10 songs (plus two intros) of the strongest material we have ever written," the band said in a statement. "The new material is more violent and aggressive, with fast sections that take us to a new level of speed and intensity, while complementing the dark and sullen heavier moments. There are plenty of miserable and militant movements to please the diehard and new IMMOLATION fans alike."
---------------------------

I'm looking foreward to this. Immolation is great, in my top 5, I love uncomfortable tones layered with blast beats.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 15, 2010 08:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's gonna be a great tour: NILE, KRISIUN, IMMOLATION.......
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 22, 2010 16:58     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Immolation releases are nowadays the only death metal releases I'm really looking forward to.

Unless Morbid Angel reclaims their throne and finally release something worthy of their heritage.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted February 08, 2010 12:57     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are MANY fast songs, crushing songs, awesome riffs
and classic Immolation grooves. Great album!

My favorites by them are:
Close to a World Below
Unholy Cult
Harnessing Ruin

..and this new one fits in nicely with these.
I would put it as sounding like Close to a World Below (but faster).

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan