my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » New Nile

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Nile
warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted September 25, 2009 08:35     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like the old Nile.

I think there is more blasting this time around. The download was fast! lots of seeders. Has regular Nile guitar sounds, and of course the mummy preludes, interludes filler. It's better then the new Behemoth.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 25, 2009 11:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nile has been making pretty boring albums for a while now. They're married to that schtick. Behemoth is awful.

You are right. Better to spend money on Ulcerate.

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted September 28, 2009 08:56     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The middle of the first song has some horrible chanting vocals. The sound-out-of-key, don't-fit-in sort of horrible. The opening part of the song has some more egyption lyrics with one very annoying 'halk'. I am so sick of this King-Tut metal. Aren't there more countries along the Nile they can sing about?
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 28, 2009 22:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it very much. Way better than Ithyphallic, imo. That was an awful album by their standards, this is far better, on par with Annihilation Of The Wicked, which I love. And yes, lots of blasts, which is a plus.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted September 29, 2009 10:23     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I have to listen some more, but I get so sick of waiting out the preludes and interludes. Just blast already!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 04, 2009 07:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
I like it very much. Way better than Ithyphallic, imo. That was an awful album by their standards, this is far better, on par with Annihilation Of The Wicked, which I love. And yes, lots of blasts, which is a plus.

I bought this yesterday and whoah.....was I wrong!!! You are dead on man. This was much much better than I expected!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan