my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Ulcerate - Everything Is Fire

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulcerate - Everything Is Fire
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 27, 2009 17:52     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For fans of Immolation that just want it pushed that little bit further check this album out. Crammed full of incredible playing this is my highlight of the year thus far...

Ulcerate Official Page

Ulcerate on Myspace

--------------------

Hail Santa...

|  IP: Logged
warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted July 01, 2009 08:43     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very impressive at first listen and gets better on the second.. this may take a month to absorb. I'm not sure if ANY technical dm band can top this.

A new level of complex, brutal coldness.

Someone needs to get these guys on a plane and put them on a tour. Bands like this deserve recognition. Necrophagist has a lot of catching up to do.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 03, 2009 13:15     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
A new level of complex, brutal coldness

Sums it up perfectly. This will have to be looked into.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted July 14, 2009 15:51     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This CD requires replays and full listening attention. I have listened to this CD around 15 times now. The music is genius.

At first it is difficult to even wrap your head around the different complex songs as they seem to blend together. After a few more listens, they begin to separate and memorable sections begin to materialize. This CD does not "grow on you", the music itself grows with each listen as your mind struggles to comprehend it. These bizarre discordant guitar tones and riffs that you swear were not there yesterday, are here now, today….drugging you.

The more you listen to this the more you realize that approximately 95% of your existing CD collection is now obsolete.

This may be the best death metal album ever.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 24, 2009 19:35     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After my first listen I was totally blown away but it was so much to take in you had to sit there, listen and slowly absorb the sheer intensity of what was emanating from your loudspeakers. Now, after living with it for a few months I have come to the conclusion that necrophagist is for pussies

I am kidding of course but that is how far this album has raised the bar. It is certainly the most savage aural assault I have heard for many years, possibly ever.

The only fly in the ointment is that its not on vinyl. BAH!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 30, 2009 22:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best DM release ever???? Wow, I'm gonna have to spend some time with this one..............
warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted October 13, 2009 14:47     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dec 15 2009 8:00P
The Scala London, UK
Dec 16 2009 8:00P
Wulfrun Hall Wolverhampton, UK

KnickerZohnonnof, go.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted November 20, 2009 16:55     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I can I will, but the prognosis is not good, no leave and both venues are over 200 miles from where I live

--------------------

Hail Santa...

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted December 05, 2009 11:12     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
By a bizarre twist of luck I can now go to see Ulcerate

I will of course be back on here the next day to gloat....

--------------------

Hail Santa...

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted December 16, 2009 12:40     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So how was it?

Finally some decent youtube videos are showing up from this tour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8njJGXZP8

I hope they do a DVD someday.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted March 26, 2010 10:55     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its been a while since I've been here so some catching up to do.

Yes I did see them. They were amazing, and played everything is fire as a set closer. The only thing that let them down was a pretty poor sound, not really their fault.

I would recommend anybody who gets the chance to get and see them. They turn up, play then fuck off. Just as I like it

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan