my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Best Live Act in Metal?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Live Act in Metal?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 29, 2006 12:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've seen a lot of metal groups rip it up live but these guys are unparelleled when it comes to starting a pure EXPLOSION onstage. Partly this is a result of many many years of experience but it also has to do with their soundguy who is topnotch! Here's a new vid (I believe from their last tour) which I unfortunately missed:

http://uvtv.info/napalmdeath.php

Go to 'Silence is Deafening' live.

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 29, 2006 17:07     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay so they're not metal - but especially considering their age and how long they've been doing their thing - No Means No know how to freakin' rock! As I've mentioned before, they give 110% from the first note to the last....ditto for the fans! Lucky to have seen them many, many times, they have not disappointed me once.

Oh my, search NoMeansNo on YouTube....damn there's a TON of cool videos - old and new!

As for metal (and not really seeing any live shows of late), I was pretty damn impressed with the intensity of Death Angel's show a couple of years ago! They were cool and the crowd was having a blast.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 29, 2006 18:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, you're lucky to have seen those two groups!!

IMO, Rob Wright is rock's greatest bass player. Nobody sounds like him...and I don't think I've ever heard anybody play with such incredible attack. Not to mention his lines are the core of the band's songcraft...an amazing feat of musicianship! That was what really struck about 'Wrong'..."like who the fuck is that on bass??????????"

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted January 03, 2007 10:04     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
IMO, Rob Wright is rock's greatest bass player.

Amen.

And Amen to all what hypergrrl wrote about NoMeansNo.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan