my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Cathedral's new album.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cathedral's new album.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 07, 2005 20:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been listening to this during the week and I have to say that this may be one of the heavier and more diverse Cathedral efforts I've layed my ears on in some time...

The band seems to really have stretched out quite a bit this time with all kinds of interesting passages and changes, making for a rather varied and fresh-sounding album.

One thing that keeps occuring to me is apparent Celtic Frost/Hellhammer riffing and vox on this album... The band has apparently been listening to a lot of CF or something, because some of the riffing and even Lee Dorian's voice really brings Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion to my head. Lee even pulls off a few of those extended... "misereeeeey, heeeeeyyyy" type Tom G. trademark vocal moves, haha.

A bit more aggressive (in parts) than what I am used to from these guys and I love it! Not to mention, the production is absolutely SOLID! Recommended!

Another primo release that keeps getting bumped back in the U.S. market.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted September 08, 2005 14:02     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll definitively check this out !
Is it as good as Endtyme ?

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted September 09, 2005 09:15     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best CATHEDRAL ever ?????
It can be better than the first one !!!
But I have to check this one for sure

--------------------

My sky is black today

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 11, 2005 08:30     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(I think this thread, and everything Doom related, should be moved in 'Astronomy Domine' - there's enough Black, Death and Grind for this section!)

Korgul:
definately "one of their best album ever", and my favorite (but it's just me).
Much richer and more creative.

I'm relatively new to Cathedral:
I didn't like them in '92, I re-discovered them like 2-3 years ago... thanks to Probot actually...

Forest of Equilibrium was important in 1991, but this one is friggin' important NOW.

release date Sept. 23 !

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted September 12, 2005 10:33     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
[QB]

Korgul:
definately "one of their best album ever", and my favorite (but it's just me).
Much richer and more creative.

I'm relatively new to Cathedral:
I didn't like them in '92, I re-discovered them like 2-3 years ago... thanks to Probot actually...
QB]

Ok ok I will check it for sure ! Thanks

--------------------

My sky is black today

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted September 16, 2005 03:20     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the review X-D! Another must have album for this 2005...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan