my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » The Matt Pike Petition

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Matt Pike Petition
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 22, 2005 15:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm starting this thread as a result of listening to the latest from High on Fire.

Great arrangements, love the mix & Albini production....only one sore point:

Pike's vocals, okay, I know what he's going for...the rawness, the primitive, the visceral, the bleakness...but Matt, please man, its not happening. Theres a fine line here and many times on this record you step way over the mark into...seriously laughable territory. How can anyone take his singing on track 7 seriously? I mean that's even past the point of annoying. I'd rather listen to a naked Lord Worm gargle salt water than endure that experience again.

Please sign your name here and do the metal world a favor. Let's save Matt from himself, or better yet from his own lungs.

Speaking of bad vocals, I've been listening to Mastodon's 'Leviathan' a lot lately and have concluded that aside from one or two songs..that album seriously sucks the tedious bone of boredom. Compare it to the first two and you'll see what I'm talking about. I know, I know I got swept up in all the fervor when it first came out so I'm now eating my words. Even wrote a review praising the brilliance of it. Haha...Please someone kick me in the head.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 22, 2005 19:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I'd rather listen to a naked Lord Worm gargle salt water than endure that experience again.

hell, I'd lick Lord Worm's balls while he's gargling...hold on...I'm going to play song #7...ok, song's started....so far, not bad...no vocals yet....fuck, sing already you bastard!...I think I can drink two beers before the vocals come in...ok, there he goes....
OK. Mez, it's not as bad as you say. However, it is quite laughable but does not warrant a petition to rid him of vocal duties. haha

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 11, 2005 04:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Remission pisses on Leviathon. I suggest you borrow or steal it WC. Haven't heard the new HOF yet so I can't comment on that. It's getting some rave reviews though.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan