my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » BOLT THROWER interview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOLT THROWER interview
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 30, 2005 16:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BOLT
 |  IP: Logged
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 01, 2005 04:33     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the link, sir!

quote:
... , so I tend to listen to the same stuff I did 20 years ago - early VoiVod, Sabbath, Candlemass, Trouble, Sacrilege (UK), as well as punk like Discharge, Amebix, Antisect, etc.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 01, 2005 12:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was it just me or did the guy doing that interview come off as a dick??? Sounded like even Jo was frustrated with him by the end of it all...
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted February 01, 2005 17:59     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a bit gutted to find out her least favourite record is Realm Of Chaos. To me it's possibly their best album! I love the sound, it is totally amazing and the fact that bands like Nile downtune their guitars to the same level as that album says to me that Bolt Thrower were way ahead of everyone with the idea. If ever there was a soundtrack to war Realm Of Chaos is it.

The interviewer was something of a prick I must say, good to see some good old fashioned English sarcasm in there

--------------------

Hail Santa...

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted April 26, 2005 02:38     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unleashed... upon Mankind:

Bolt Thrower Official Web Site

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 26, 2005 10:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tres cool!
I've only heard these guys once on some dvd I watched about a month ago...some live video.
Mighty impressive. Would love to have some of their muzak.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 26, 2005 20:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
only for my favorite trashy MySpace stripper:

(check this link after the first of next month, it exceeded its d/ls for this month)
http://www.purework.net/~impy/HellMetal/

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 27, 2005 15:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
only for my favorite trashy MySpace stripper:

M I?

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 27, 2005 17:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
M I?

there are some Bolt Thrower mp3s on there...just for U~

in about a week, anyways, haha.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 02, 2005 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uhm, so thonC...it's May 2nd. The stripper link still not up?

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 02, 2005 19:58     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i tried it yesterday to no avail myself. hmm, i might just have to send you the stuff myself, i guess?

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 04, 2005 15:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey cthon. I just read the offer for Bolt. It's now June 4th!!!
A dOOd I know made me Mercenary and this one I'm now listening to .
Why have the Metal Gods forsaken me?
Why thou hast not ever told me this is God's Metal is beyond me. They fucking kick my sorry ass all over the house!!!
Bolt Thrower fucking RULES!
Rules with steely grit and dirty vocals.
I want those riffs played at my grave.
I want those riffs to alight on my bare buttocks while I sleep at night.
Thank YOU Metal Gods for giving us mere mortal assholes something to crow about!
(Hey, is this enough wordage?)

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted June 05, 2005 14:58     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW,
Studio reports from Martin Kearns (drums)!!! www.boltthrower.com

Demo version of K-Machine 2005, with Karl Willetts on vocals:
BoltThrower_K-Machine.mp3

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 05, 2005 18:45     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL I downloaded that in 25 seconds!

I miss the brutality of their really early stuff (In Battle There Is No Law and Realm Of Chaos) but it's not too bad. I must admit to not being a big fan of their last few albums, but if you like them then you will like this.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 04, 2005 13:28     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bolt Thrower's new album "Those Once Loyal" will be released on Metal Blade Records on the 11th November

Two songs preview here: http://www.metalblade.de/bt_player/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 04, 2005 23:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As always, Neut, eternally gratefully. This band sounds reinvigorated, refreshed and ready to annihilate all in their path. Sure as hell hope they make it over to America.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted October 08, 2005 16:10     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new tracks are awesome. I've got my ticket for the january gig.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan