my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » The CHASM: Excellent!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The CHASM: Excellent!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 28, 2005 22:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Want to hear IMO great death metal:

THECHASM

From Mexico, this is a track off their new album. I heard it and purchased immediately which I don't normally do. Was instantly drawn to the guitar tone...very simple and unaldurated.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 29, 2005 08:55     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not so keen.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 29, 2005 12:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take Nightwish out of your cd player and listen again Junior!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 29, 2005 13:45     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nightwish? Junior? Mez is no longer allowed to talk.

Seriously, the Chasm just bore me to tears. I like that they're trying something a bit different, a little stripped-down, but it's just not enough to hold my interest. Sounds like a second rate Slayer ripoff who recently bought In the Nightside Eclipse.

Try Behemoth.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 30, 2005 14:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, early Slayer I can see the similarity...but is that a bad thing...but...second rate slayer ripoff??? Lync, that's a little harsh?

Behemoth? Listened to the ecard, hmmm.. I would like to check out more. Huge talent here.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 30, 2005 15:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sir, you were not kidding about Behemoth!!! Just dl'ed Conquer All and was blown out of the water. Just three guys doing all that?? But this is more black than death right? No matter, awesome stuff. Nice leather outfits too. A bit tight which i guess accounts for the maniacal riffing............
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 30, 2005 19:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's four of them now. Another guitarist.

Leather outfits... well, the bassist is like 7 foot tall, and wears this weird leather skirt thing live. No joke. He's also got a very Blacky-esque bass.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 01, 2005 04:15     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
second rate Slayer ripoff? aah come on, there are killer riffs here!
I think it's a pretty good album

(I love the new Behemoth too)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan