my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Behemoth, Supreme Lord and Exmortem Gig

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Behemoth, Supreme Lord and Exmortem Gig
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 14, 2005 17:30     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So tonight, I ventured out for an evening of fun, frolics and light drinking, all set to a background of engaging and interesting music.

Or, as Mayhem once said, "TOTAL FUCKING ARMAGEDDON".

I missed the start of Exmortem's set, because I was confused over the starting time (one source said 7, one said 6, so I compromised with 6:30), but overall that's not too bad. They're fun enough, but repetitive and two dimensional. Lacked power - exactly the sort of sound that Earache seem to like these days, very much in the Decapitated mold.

They buggered off, and beer was consumed. On came the roadies, and I spent a jolly ten minutes trying to work out who the next band were by reading their typically illegible logo. Ahh, Supreme Lord.

Supreme Lord went right in all the places Exmortem went wrong. Their set was full of snappy, tight blasts of old-school blast 'n grunt death metal, with a great stage presence and energy. The bass/vocalist brought a whole new meaning to "spazzing out". Great stuff, I'll have to see what they're like on record.

Then Behemoth came on and killed us all. That sums it up better than any amount of gushing praise could. Well rehearsed, brutal, intricate and most of all fun. Really got the crowd going and obviously enjoyed themselves as well. They played a nice mix of old and new stuff, obviously not just being there to plug the latest offering.

Now my ears hurt. But I got a t-shirt, so everything's alright.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 14, 2005 23:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:

They buggered off, and beer was consumed.

Lovely. Looking forward to Behemoth. I believe they'll be here on 1/29/05. Fuck, I'm in need of beer right now.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan