my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Cryptopsy killed tonight!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cryptopsy killed tonight!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 12, 2004 03:50     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin amazing. Go see them on this tour, you won't regret it. Here's my piss-poor lazy-ass review:

First band was Electro Quarterstaff. All instrumental technical thrash/death. No bass, just 3 guitars and drums. Drew from the old .net forum is in the band. Incredible players. Wicked tunes. They have a website. I can't be arsed to find the url. Go look it up.

Second band was some shitty local grindcore band. Pretty funny actually. They had songs about puttin people into wood chippers and the like. A few decent tunes, but more of a joke than anything.

Third band was Blood Shot Eye. Boring metalcore type band with a female vocalist who sounds like the chick from Kittie. Yawn.

Hit the merch booth and got a t-shirt. Pretty good prices. They had TONS of stuff. 5 different t's, long sleeves, hoodies, G STRING PANTIES??? and all the bands CDs. They had a bunch on vinyl too!

Cryptopsy came on with a bang and played the entire fucking None So Vile album from start to finish. OMFG it was awesome. They played a couple of tracks off Blasphemy Made Flesh after that (Open Face Surgery ruled), and then Flo did a fucking drum solo. Wow. That's all I can say is Wow. He's...the best!
They came back and did some more songs from And Then You'll Beg. Too short of a show though. Lord Worm is an excellent front guy and the rest of the band are smoking technical players. Great time was had by all and I'm definetly going back on the 25th.

Gonna check my emails and head to bed, my head is ringing from the severe bludgeoning I just took.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 13, 2004 11:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome! I didn't know they were touring. What great news. I hope they come near here.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 10, 2004 02:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have to agree with NV, i saw them tonight and they killed again!!! they also filmed for a DVD so keep an eye out for that soon.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 28, 2004 03:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They are gonna be here on my b-day, how fucking cool

March 4 - Houston, TX @ Fat Cat's (formerly Mary Jane's)

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 03, 2005 16:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I'm going to miss CRYPTOPSY when they play here March 8th, 2005.........
I am so fucking bummed!

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 04, 2005 02:55     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
John Levasseur's just quit the band after ten years.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 04, 2005 10:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was at their website yesterday and saw that. I've only been listening to them for, let's see, 4 months!!!
I wasn't even aware of the bandmember's names, with the exception of Lord Worm.

Anyhoo. I was looking at their tour schedule and they'll be in Denver & Ft. Collins March 18 & 19...hmmmmmm.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 10, 2005 14:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
John Levasseur's just quit the band after ten years.

Dan Mongrain (Black Cloud) will be the touring guitarist, according to this:

"We would like to begin this update by wishing Jon Levasseur all the best for his future plans and goals. You are an innovator and will remain a true friend. Thank you for your talented contribution to the next album.

2005 will be a big year for us. First, you can have a look at our updated “Back to the Worm” 2005 US tour. Come and check out the band live with Lord Worm back at the helm. Once more, Dan Mongrain (Martyr) will fill in as second guitarist for these shows. Three shows will also be held in Canada this spring.

The recording of the Fifth Album will take place during the summer months of 2005 and the release date will be confirmed thereafter. Each song has a very unique identity and some of the material is a progression from what you’ve heard from Cryptopsy in the past. The Album concept has a very distinct beginning and end. Here are some titles to perk your curiosity: 1.Carrionshine 2.Adeste Infidelis

Look for the anticipated instructional drum video from Flo Mounier to come out this summer. A web site will be launched this spring to give you more specific infos on the DVD’s content and how to order it.

Also, you can now order some of the few remaining Canada 2004 Tour shirts via our web site's merchandise section (in the long sleeve shirts category).

We want to keep you informed, updated and part of the team. Our goal this year and for the future is to make things happen in order to satisfy your Extreme Needs.

See you on tour!!!"

--------------------

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted March 10, 2005 13:16     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cryptopsy fuckin' slayed the Launch Pad on the 8th!!! They started out playing the entire None So Vile album!!! Had Goosebumps the whole time! Cattle Decapitation was bad ass. But the show belonged to Cryptopsy though. Flo's drum solo was fuckin' amazing!!! Lord Worm fed worms to the crowd before they started the last song! I regret not buying a camera!!! Shitshitshitshit!!!!
Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted March 10, 2005 13:22     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Yeah, I was at their website yesterday and saw that. I've only been listening to them for, let's see, 4 months!!!
I wasn't even aware of the bandmember's names, with the exception of Lord Worm.

Anyhoo. I was looking at their tour schedule and they'll be in Denver & Ft. Collins March 18 & 19...hmmmmmm.

Ya have ta make it to either of the shows!!! They'll tear shit up!!!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 10, 2005 23:47     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlum:
Cryptopsy fuckin' slayed the Launch Pad on the 8th!!! They started out playing the entire None So Vile album!!! Had Goosebumps the whole time! Cattle Decapitation was bad ass. But the show belonged to Cryptopsy though. Flo's drum solo was fuckin' amazing!!! Lord Worm fed worms to the crowd before they started the last song! I regret not buying a camera!!! Shitshitshitshit!!!!

Ah, so that's why Luna called! Ooops, I meesed a good show huh? Well I have never heard them and I don't know what their name means. For all I know it could mean a bad night for me getting moshed to death. I have seen cattle mutilation and they were boring. I don't really care for the cookie monster stuff, unless they can actually play past the 2nd fret! Shall we go to Denvo sis?
Well, at least I have Mastodon and Motorhead to look forward to!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted March 16, 2005 15:39     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Ah, so that's why Luna called! Ooops, I meesed a good show huh? Well I have never heard them and I don't know what their name means. For all I know it could mean a bad night for me getting moshed to death. I have seen cattle mutilation and they were boring. I don't really care for the cookie monster stuff, unless they can actually play past the 2nd fret! Shall we go to Denvo sis?
Well, at least I have Mastodon and Motorhead to look forward to!

Well if Cryptopsy doe not float your boat. You might like devilinside and the opening act. Either way it'll be a good show for the both of you.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 17, 2005 16:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Hood! Check out the Libertoire Guitar thread...some awesome pics of Cryptopsy from their San Francisco gig. Probably better than any you or I would have taken.

--------------------

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted March 18, 2005 02:36     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hey Hood! Check out the Libertoire Guitar thread...some awesome pics of Cryptopsy from their San Francisco gig. Probably better than any you or I would have taken.

Now I'm kickin' myself for not bringing a camera! DAMNSHITFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted March 18, 2005 02:40     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Are ya gonna head up to Co. to see Cryptopsy?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 18, 2005 14:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlum:
Are ya gonna head up to Co. to see Cryptopsy?

negative...too much stink ass school work to finish up this weekend...sucky suck suck!

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 20, 2005 13:43     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.cryptopsy.net/lost/mp3s/Cryptopsy_PreProd2005.mp3

New song, preproduction version. Sound's a bit ropey, but I like it. Like both the two eras meeting in the middle, getting horribly smudged together, with a little added weirdness.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan