my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » Decapitated

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Decapitated
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 28, 2004 05:03     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Decapitated are a Polish death metal band, who've been getting rave reviews from most corners recently. Very technical style, with lots of complex rhythmic passages like Death used to have, circa 'Human', and Cryptopsy sometimes have now. They're only twenty or so, as well. I already had a couple of their albums, when I realised they were ACTUALLY ON TOUR IN MY AREA! With another band I really wanted to see, Anata. So I went.

These guys are fucking awesome. They *dominated* the place. Tight, well rehearsed, brutal songs... I am a happy (deaf) boy!

The guitarist and drummer especially are just insane. Near-flawless. Anata were bloody good as well, it's a shame they went on first, so their set was quite short. They were probably the best musicians there, in fact, but the crowd didn't appreciate their insane technical wizardry and complex riffs.

Thus Defiled suffered from having a crap mix, so you couldn't actually hear anything more than a high-pitched grinding noise. Maybe that was the point, but it looked like they were actually playing something more complex than that. Rotting Christ (the co-headliners) were the most mainstream of all of the acts there. I didn't like their songs much, but they got the crowd going.

Decapitated also have a new album out, called "The Negation". Pick it up!

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 10, 2004 00:31     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new Decapitated is fucking brutal !
I checked Mithras and I was surprised, a weird space death metal band.

You should check the band Spawn of Possession for ultra technical death metal of the highest caliber. And if you like it ultra brutal look for Decrepit Birth, it's so fast that they got an hard time to find a drummer to replace the session one who have recorded the album : and time begins.

One of my favorite death metal band is Blood Red Throne, they play a catchy ala Slayer kind of stuff.

And don't forget Misery Index !!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation, see ya.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 11, 2004 02:41     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! Small world, eh?
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 11, 2004 16:42     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vader on steroid, thats it. The new album album is great but I think the critic are going a little too far, because there's nothing new here.

But Warcorpse, I know that you dig thechnical death metal, you must listen to Spawn of Possesion. I saw them live with Gorgasm, Pyemia and Severed Sevior and IMO they were the band that stand out of the pack.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted March 13, 2004 06:17     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Haha! Small world, eh?

Isn't it Just?

Anything else happening up there soon?

--------------------

Hail Santa...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 13, 2004 15:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not an incredible amount, all told. The Bierkeller has a website of sorts here, with gig listings and such. The other venues (like the Academy) aren't really much cop, but you do get the odd good band coming along.

As for Decapitated, I'll agree that they're not particularly innovative, but still good fun.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 05, 2004 17:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great to see something here about Decapitated. I just listened to an mp3 last week after seeing them in Terrorizer. Mostly I was struck by how young they are and wouldn't mind having some of their stuff.
So the drummer is good, huh?
From their website, he looks pretty fucking hot to me. Hey, Hypergrrllllrooaarrlll, check them out and take a look-see at the drummer...mmmmmmm.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan