my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Too Scared To Scream   » ENTOMBED - Inferno

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ENTOMBED - Inferno
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted October 02, 2003 07:27     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's my review of the album:

Before starting this review, I must admit that I never really followed Entombed’s career since I only own two albums, the two classics Left Hand Path and Clandestine, afterwards, I lost sight of them, huh...

Inferno is an album that is far from revolutionary, quite the contrary, I had trouble going through the disc the first time I listened to it. It was a bit less trying on the following listening sessions, but right off the bat, you notice that this disc’s biggest flaw its redundancy.

The guitars are very simple, but raw nonetheless, there are practically no solos and the screams are more or less lost in the mix, in short, it’s very similar throughout. At the Intermission track, Entombed give us a piano break, only to be followed by the return of guitars, and this time we are treated to a few solos, but nothing extraordinary once again...

This Entombed album is still effective quickness wise and it’s also pretty heavy, but nothing caught my attention personally. The disc should please the band’s die hard fans, but I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who wants to discover what Entombed are all about. Try the first ones!
http://www.entombed.net/

6/10

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan